Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 30 Dec 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Worth booking LRP at Universal late October?

We're in Orlando from 24th October to 7th November.

There'll be 5 of us, 4 x adults and 1 x child ( 7 years old ).

I've paid for both Disney and Universal 14 day tickets... do you think it's necessary to do the " Book a room for the Express Passes " that I've read about on here, please?

Not sure how busy the parks will be and so is it worth booking a room at the LRP ( showing at $344 ) ?

We'll be avoiding Halloween btw.

Assuming we DO book the room then, from what I read on DIBB I can head over to the hotel quite early ( I'm thinking 9'ish ) and collect the fastpasses?

We don't want the room TBH so can I just pick up the Fastpasses and say I'm bringing luggage later and simply not use the room - or what IS the best way to do it?

If need be, my wife, DD and grand-daughter will stay over.

Any advice most gratefully accepted. Thank you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

It depends on how many days your planning to go to universal over your holiday whether it is necessary or not. if your planning to have 3-4 days or so there you can get away without express passes by arriving early on the days you want to go and you will get everything you want done over the 4 days. If your only planning a couple of days the express pass will make it far easier.

We have stayed at RPR and HRH at the time of year you are going and loved having the express pass even though some days the parks have not been overly busy and we could probably managed without them but having them does make the day easier.

You can arrive at the hotel very early, you can get your passes from about 7am so if you aim for then you will have time to collect them and use the early entry hour.

If you book the room why not use it? you would only pay 1 nights parking at the hotel which is cheaper than 2 days in the park car parks and also you can nip back to the hotel in the afternoon have a relax and swim and then head back to the parks for a few hours depending on closing times. Then next morning your already there to use the early entry again.
Old 2 Jan 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We were at Universal late October last year and found express passes great. We spent 3 days there, 2 nights at RPR, but had leisurely days using the passes, unlike our packed days at WDW!
We're going back this year late October, and although the hotel is substantially more than last time, we still plan on booking to get the express passes.
I didn't find the parks exceptionally busy, TBH we didn't take any notice of queues as we waltzed past... but express passes definitely enhanced our experience.
I hope that helps.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
We were at Universal late October last year and found express passes great. We spent 3 days there, 2 nights at RPR, but had leisurely days using the passes, unlike our packed days at WDW!
We're going back this year late October, and although the hotel is substantially more than last time, we still plan on booking to get the express passes.
I didn't find the parks exceptionally busy, TBH we didn't take any notice of queues as we waltzed past... but express passes definitely enhanced our experience.
I hope that helps.
Same for us ^ we go late October early November
there's 5 of us and we stay, it makes it much easier. You can go back to the room whenever you want ( we went back after doing every water ride multiple times to get changed). I wouldn't pay that amount and not stay tbf.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Plus you can go to Citywalk and have a lovely meal and just walk back to your rooms.

Whether you choose to use the room or not you will all need to check in so that you can all have your photos taken for the FOLP cards (machines in reception - takes 2 mins to have photo done and your pass printed).

If you do take up this option, well worth getting some extra cheap lanyards off ebay or similar at around 25p each and keep your FOLP in there, as it can get scrotty quickly and it is a pain to go back and get a new one. (They are only thinnish card / thick paper)...
Old 3 Jan 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Many thanks to all for their help.

I've decided we'll go for it. More than likely the females, wife , daughter and grand-daughter will stay the night and my son and I will do some mucho macho male bonding LOL.

The advice given on here helped tremendously too, thank you guys!