Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
delete
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Disney n Me View Post
Hi everyone
Is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit angry at all this. We have booked to stay at Disney Port Orleans French Quarter in August, and due to the referb of Caribbean Beach Resort we are finding out that guest are being moved to French Quarter at no extra charge.there a £560 price difference on these hotels for a standard room does anyone think this is fare or do they feel the same way.
IT RELAY MAKES BLOOD BOIL!
We booked for CSR in November, we booked it 18 months in advance, literally to the day. Maybe a month after we booked we got an e-mail saying they over booked CSR and we had to be moved, we put in our requests and what we would like and we were given POR, which is fine, we love it there, but we did not want to stay there. Originally it was more expensive, but through no fault of our own we have been moved. What else would you suggest? Force people to pay the difference for a hotel they did not choose? Or make people stay in a hotel with work going on, after paying £1000's. This isn't some dodgy holiday to Benidorm for £200pp, people spend years saving for these holidays. Stop being so bitter.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If Disney are moving people to a more expensive resort because Disney have messed up and their rooms are not available, why does it make anyones' "Blood Boil"? Not sure what you would expect if you were in the position where Disney was not providing you with the room they had contracted to provide you with? Perhaps if it happens to you, you would volunteer for a downgrade to Pop Century? Where else do they send them to without downgrading them? If it were me, I'd be pushing for Poly, Bay Lake Tower etc, and good luck to them. You paid a price you were happy with, what difference does it make to you if someone who has been compensated with a minor upgrade?
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
No I'm not sure anyone would be upgraded from A Moderate like CBR to a Deluxe like AKL over Simple Refurb, surely not.

That would be a colossal $$$$ upgrade.
Saratoga is a Deluxe, much better than the others, not far priced off AKL. I'd be well chuffed with that upgrade from Caribbean Beach. If I were any affected members knowing this info, I'd be pressing for this.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi I am with you. I am not belaming the people booked in at Caribbean Beach resort and I don't blame them for wanting to move. I wanted to book Caribbean Beach resort but whilst on the phone the last room for 5 went and the lady talked me into paying more and going to Port Orleans (stating that it is a better class of hotel) I was still a little disappointed as friends are there at the CB at the same time. Now our friends have moved to a better room than us and got another incentive from Disney and yet I have paid nearly £300 more then them. I called disney as this is putting a downer on my holiday (going end of May) but they don't seem to care. Friends have stated that getting buses from PO is a nightmare normally and now the hotel is definely going to be full because they are moving so many people the whole thing worries me. I feel I want the extra money I have paid back, so If anyone has managed to get disney to compensate those of us that booked PO please let me know.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumoffour View Post
Hi I am with you. I am not belaming the people booked in at Caribbean Beach resort and I don't blame them for wanting to move. I wanted to book Caribbean Beach resort but whilst on the phone the last room for 5 went and the lady talked me into paying more and going to Port Orleans (stating that it is a better class of hotel) I was still a little disappointed as friends are there at the CB at the same time. Now our friends have moved to a better room than us and got another incentive from Disney and yet I have paid nearly £300 more then them. I called disney as this is putting a downer on my holiday (going end of May) but they don't seem to care. Friends have stated that getting buses from PO is a nightmare normally and now the hotel is definely going to be full because they are moving so many people the whole thing worries me. I feel I want the extra money I have paid back, so If anyone has managed to get disney to compensate those of us that booked PO please let me know.
I feel like you we have paid to from CSR to POR it as left a bad taste in my mouth I we were thinking about booking for next year but no longer sure I want to book to go now so after 7 visit staying on-site never thought I would be thinking this way. I am still trying to get £330 extra we have paid when in my eyes it is not our fault they can not getting the planning in order.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdmd2004
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Do you think the new tower will be finished before October 2018? Or am I better booking POR?
jdmd2004 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdmd2004 View Post
Do you think the new tower will be finished before October 2018? Or am I better booking POR?
No it will not be finished until 2019 but the rate Disney do things expect it will take longer. I think you would be better booking POR personally.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

This whole CSR and CBR fiasco does not in one bit encompass a single spec of Disney magic.

I totally appreciate the need for making improvements, but the fashion of which they have "dropped the ball" in terms of customer care/service is remarkably bad, and all this from "apparently" the 3rd best global company for customer service.

It is unfathomable that such a company would not have had a strategy in place ready to deal with the customers obvious concerns and complaints following the release of the announcements.

Someone must have really missed a line off their to do list and it never got planned I guess?a
Then to add insult to injury they have been making us loyal customers feel like we are in the wrong for wanting the holiday/accommodation we have all paid a small fortune for!

Needless to say I expected better care from Disney.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Could explain why prices for por in 2018 are ridiculous
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List