Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thomas Cook Hand Luggage...

Just a quick question regarding Thomas Cook hand luggage, I know in the past when flying short haul with other airlines we have sometimes been given the option to "check in" our hand luggage for example a cabin bag rather than a handbag.

Does anyone know if TC offer this service on Orlando flights?

Edited at 09:09 AM.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Just bumping to see if anyone knows the answer?
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but in my experience you usually get this option on low cost airlines where hold luggage is an optional extra that's a fair amount of money therefore a huge portion of the passengers take hand luggage only.

They then have no option but to ask (and sometimes insist) passengers put the luggage in the hold due to a lack of space in the overheads.

Hopefully someone can come along and confirm re TC though 😊
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by LoopyDisney7 View Post
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but in my experience you usually get this option on low cost airlines where hold luggage is an optional extra that's a fair amount of money therefore a huge portion of the passengers take hand luggage only.

They then have no option but to ask (and sometimes insist) passengers put the luggage in the hold due to a lack of space in the overheads.

Hopefully someone can come along and confirm re TC though 😊
Thank you, Yes, that was my thinking as we have been offered before when flying with Ryanair, Norwegian or Easyjet.
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Just a quick question regarding Thomas Cook hand luggage, I know in the past when flying short haul with other airlines we have sometimes been given the option to "check in" our hand luggage for example a cabin bag rather than a handbag.

Does anyone know if TC offer this service on Orlando flights?
I think it would depend on how full the flight was with hold luggage. I know that if there are a lot of people with hand luggage only the lockers get full and then the gate staff are actively looking to take the larger hand luggage items off people and put them in the hold.

This happened on our recent Thomas Cook flight home from Lanzarote, and of course people didn't want to hand over there hand luggage since they would then have to wait for it at the luggage carousel.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We asked in Orlando airport, to check our little ones Trunkie in instead of taking it as hand luggage. The Thomas Cook Rep said it was ok to. I think if you just ask them and they have room, then it will be fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

I would've thought you can check in as many bags as you like as long as you don't go over your limit for hold luggage, 23kg for US flights.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List