Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Flights again - Oct 18

Sorry, I know there are lots of threads on this subject but I just wanted to get some opinions on our dates...

We are booked for 13/10/18 to 27/10/18 so Saturday to Saturday. We are there for half term and the week before so very little flexibility in terms of when we could go. We could fly out on Friday 12th I guess but we definitely have to come back on the Saturday 27th. At the moment direct flights are at or above the £3,000 mark, indirects (which appeared a few days ago) £2,000 - £2,500 ish. There's no way I'm paying £3k for flights (thinking £2.5k for direct at most) but DH would prefer to go direct, so can I expect prices to come down? Or are these prices likely to stay as they are and we need to look again at indirect?

Any advice would be gratefully received! Has anyone travelled on the Saturdays around Oct half term before and have an idea of what sort of price I should be holding out for?

Thanks
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Not sure how many people that is for or if it includes a car.

If you don't mind a drive I found TPA for similar dates to be a little less and Fort Lauderdale a lot cheaper.

I ended up booking LGW - TPA FLL - LGW

# EDIT# Which one of us has our countdown wrong as I fly out to Tampa 12/10/18. There are no FLL flights on a Friday
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, that's for 2 adults, one teen and one child, no car.

Tampa would be fine but that route is even more expensive at the moment! FLL is much cheaper (£2,000 ish) but I'd rather pay a bit more for direct if I thought the prices would come down a bit as the drive up and back again puts us off a bit.

Oh, and my countdown is wrong! I moved our holiday forward a week and haven't changed it - will get that sorted.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

Did you book your flights separately, I've tried to do this route but can only select one departure airport, was wondering if it works out any cheaper for me
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR
Essie1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Sorry, that's for 2 adults, one teen and one child, no car.

Tampa would be fine but that route is even more expensive at the moment! FLL is much cheaper (£2,000 ish) but I'd rather pay a bit more for direct if I thought the prices would come down a bit as the drive up and back again puts us off a bit.

Oh, and my countdown is wrong! I moved our holiday forward a week and haven't changed it - will get that sorted.
We are flying out to Tpa on 12/10. Was planning on flying back 2/11. We are 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child and one infant. Have upgraded car hire to a 7 seater for the duration. We paid £3000.20 on flight release day. For us MCO was about £4000, TPA was £3800. We added an extra day and booked FLL Home.
We looked at it that the kids would be beat when we got there anyway so the slightly longer drive wasn’t an issue.
I have driven to FLL for a cruise before and it’s a straight forward drive. Take keys about 3 to 3 and a quarter hours. As we will be kicked out of hour accommodation in the morning we didn’t think we’d be doing much anyway and gives us a chance to visit a restaurant we like in Fort Lauderdale.

I honestly think the flights may be a fair bit cheaper than we paid come the Boxing Day/new year sales. I just didn’t have the b**ls to wait!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Essie1000 View Post
Did you book your flights separately, I've tried to do this route but can only select one departure airport, was wondering if it works out any cheaper for me
I’d booked my accommodation a few months back.

I then went on BA at hit the customise trip button. I then added the flights and car hire
Old 6 Dec 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

£2k direct, for 4, for those dates is extremely optimistic.

Our dates cover half term week, and the week after, and covering 17 nights (Fri-Mon) and I'm looking to get indirect flights for no more than £450pp.

I've tracked prices for well over a year, and at no point would direct come anywhere near £500pp (and I wasn't even checking Saturday flights, which always come at a premium). It's been hit and miss to get indirect for that!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We paid £427pp for 11-25th October 18 direct Man-MCO with TC. So it is possible to get a good price but we booked back in Feb when the dates were first released. They have on the whole steadily gone up but also down too, as 3 weeks ago the prices were £550pp for certain dates last 2 weeks of Oct.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vickie xx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We paid £427pp for 11-25th October 18 direct Man-MCO with TC. So it is possible to get a good price but we booked back in Feb when the dates were first released. They have on the whole steadily gone up but also down too, as 3 weeks ago the prices were £550pp for certain dates last 2 weeks of Oct.

Kat
how do you book flights that far out? My flight dates have only become available, flying around the 22 Oct for 2 weeks
vickie xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vickie xx View Post
how do you book flights that far out? My flight dates have only become available, flying around the 22 Oct for 2 weeks
Thomascook airlines (not the usual TC holiday website) release their flight dates much earlier than the likes of Virgin and BA which is 11 months out. Thomson also release their dates early and they fly into sanford. You can also book a fly drive with Virgin/BA much earlier too. We looked at that option with the idea off leaving the car but that was £695pp for the same dates.

TC (airlines) will most likely be releasing their summer flights 2019 dates in early February. They already have dates from Man-MCO up until April 19.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 05:04 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List