Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Dibbers' Dash MAN -LHR -MIA

Could someone please talk me through all the steps from landing at Heathrow T5 from MAN to getting to AA gate at T3 ?

The connection time is way tighter than we are used to as we land at 0810 and the next flight is at 0945 so I'm stressing about how long it might take to get on the bus and through security etc
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Your transfer will be "airside", so if time is tight, whatever you do, follow purple signs for "transfers" instead of "arrivals". (Don't know how many times we have found ourselves outside security after arriving half asleep from North America, and had to go back through security etc). You can transfer land side by tube or heathrow express, but that's only if you have bags of time and fancy a wee ride on a train.

The transfer signs will lead you down escalators to the transfer buses, one door for each terminal. There is always a member of staff for any queries, and we've never had to wait for more than a few mins for the next bus to come along. Sometimes you still have to go through security when you arrive at the new terminal. I'm not sure where the AA gates are at T3 (and it's vast). If you sign up to an app like "tripit", you can get messages in the app, telling you which gate which you could check on the map while on the transfer bus.

This is all assuming that your flights are on a through ticket. If not, you will have to collect your bags off the belt and re-check them.
Old 30 Apr 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Follow the advice in post #2 (the purple signs to follow on arrival at LHR say "Flight Connections"). Take the airside bus, do not go landside and use the Heathrow Express/tube. That would only be necessary if you had to collect and re-check bags.

The statement in post #3 above that the airside buses don't always run is just not true, they will run as long as there are connections to be made, and will absolutely be running when you arrive at LHR.

You will have to reclear security on arrival at T3 connections. Your connection is quite doable, but doesn't have a massive amount of slack, so don't hang around. Seats as near to the front of the MAN-LHR flight as you can manage will help.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
spear101
Earning More Ears

Mobile Same trip

We are doing the exact same route and times in August. I am assuming it will be ok or BA would not have allowed the booking
spear101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We’re doing this route also in Aug but then onwards to Tampa from MIA. Bit nervous as it’s our first time indirect but the price was too good to miss! 😁
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Please see my previous thread

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1073553&page=5
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Firstly, when are you going? T3 are in the process of moving their transfer area, probably from June, but as I don't work there any more I'm not exactly sure when. I've made the paragraphs different colours depending on when you go, so you can see the information you need.

Anytime Before June After June

If you need/want to buy any large liquids at Manchester, MAKE SURE you tell the person serving you that you are connecting and get them to seal it in a bag for you - this is the only way you will get liquids above 100ml through security at T3. Even if it's under 100ml, if it won't fit in your liquid bag, get it put into a sealed bag.

If you have to go to the AA desk at T3 for boarding passes or anything, this is just BEFORE you go through security after getting off the connections bus. Do not miss it else you'll have to go back round and back through security again. There's usually a staff member there asking people as they come up off the buses if they are AA.

Once through security, follow the route and there will be a screen in front of you at the end of the transfers corridor which shows the departures, so it will save you going right into the departure lounge if you're tight for time.

I don't know if the airline desks will be moving, so I can't comment on where you would go if you needed to go to the AA desk, but the new transfers area will bring you out by Dixons and Accessorise in the main departure lounge, there is a departures screen there and all the gates are signposted from there.

I hope that's of some use!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies, so it's purple signs, downstairs to bus to T3, then 2 lots of security screening before you get to the next gate ...

I've been looking at flight stats for the arrival times of BA1385 and it usually gets there on time or a little earlier. I've been told it's parked on the tarmac at Manchester overnigh so less likely to set off late.

I know a lot of dibbers are doing this route (hence dibbers' dash) but has anyone travelled already who can share their experience ?
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Thanks for the replies, so it's purple signs, downstairs to bus to T3, then 2 lots of security screening before you get to the next gate ...

I've been looking at flight stats for the arrival times of BA1385 and it usually gets there on time or a little earlier. I've been told it's parked on the tarmac at Manchester overnigh so less likely to set off late.

I know a lot of dibbers are doing this route (hence dibbers' dash) but has anyone travelled already who can share their experience ?
Hi,

If you scroll up Dave has posted a link to his journey, I think he started at Manchester.

Thanks

Louise