Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 May 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scojo72 View Post
I have done skip the counter many times with virgin.but this year we have booked with Thomas cook.i have tried to skip the counter,but the closest I have come to it is online check in ,which I have completed and got the email with the barcode on it. according to the email I still have to go into Alamo to use a kiosk,but the whole purpose of me doing it online was to avoid Alamo sales staff. So is it right what I am reading that the barcode on the online check in is good enough to skip the kiosk,and just give them my credit card on the exit of the garage.
I had trouble doing STC last year and just went straight the garage with my online check in voucher. I was told on here as long as there was a bar code it was fine. I handed my driving licence and cc at the exit booth with no problems. She was even able to add my sister as an additional driver.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I had trouble doing STC last year and just went straight the garage with my online check in voucher. I was told on here as long as there was a bar code it was fine. I handed my driving licence and cc at the exit booth with no problems. She was even able to add my sister as an additional driver.
Thanks for that.its always good to get information off people who have experienced the problems I might be facing.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile

If you leave your online check in page open and open another tab and search for skip the counter and then open it it should open the page with your details on it. Works in some browsers and not others

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by *cath* View Post
If you leave your online check in page open and open another tab and search for skip the counter and then open it it should open the page with your details on it. Works in some browsers and not others
This is how we did it this year as we didn’t book direct. Just followed the instructions on this thread.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. opening another tab worked .
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Debit card

I know I can use debit card with Alamo but does anyone know if it works with online check in. I’ve booked with Alamo uk and it asks for no card details and neither does online check in. I know they swipe at the gate but can a debit card be used there or do you Hae to go to the counter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dicko200468 View Post
I know I can use debit card with Alamo but does anyone know if it works with online check in. I’ve booked with Alamo uk and it asks for no card details and neither does online check in. I know they swipe at the gate but can a debit card be used there or do you Hae to go to the counter.
A debit card is fine

2024 - Menorca & Malta
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
floridian 1949
VIP Dibber

We always book car hire with Alamo and usually do olci and skip the counter which does save time when we arrive. This time because we are reserving the car for more than 30 days the site won't let us do skip the counter. Does anyone know a way around this ?
floridian 1949 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Have you tried doing the online check in, leave the page open, open another tab and search skip the counter. It should open with your details on it

2024 - Menorca & Malta
Old 24 May 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bilbous
Getting Excited

After a bit of messing around with TC to get my ref number for Alamo I managed to check in and skip the counter thanks to the guide and the comment from AdamToonArmy.
bilbous is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List