Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 May 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We’ve never had an early ADR at Epcot but might give Garden Grill a go as we’re also on deluxe dining.
Can we still enter the park though the international gateway if it’s before opening or do you have to go to the front entrance please?
They will have an ADR tapstile available at IG. It’s the only way for Boardwalk area resorts to enter so it has to be an option.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Talking Apologies!

Hi Guys,

I meant to come back and thank everyone for their advice after I'd booked but unfortunately I got caught up in the AKL pool closure madness!
Luckily I'm pretty much sorted now - off to BWI - so I thought I'd come back and do a progress update!

I managed to get all but 3 of the reservations I wanted (Cali Grill, CRT and Tiffins - the latter two of which are annoying as I was on at 11am exactly!) and even them I got reservations for just not at the times I wanted so I've got Touring Plans alerts for them and I won't give up just yet!

With changing resorts everything was kind of thrown into chaos a little bit but luckily I managed to shift everything round to suit the new location - bit gutted though as it meant Sanaa had to come off the list (although I now have an excuse to go back!)

So the new list has Mama Melrose dinner on it (which I've got) and hopefully a beaches and cream lunch if any adrs become available!

Just slightly stuck on where to go round the resort on our pool days for dinner now! Anyone have any experience of:
- Ale & Compass
- Big River Grille
- ESPN
or any other options (already doing Yachtsman and Cape May on other days)

Thanks!

Smudge

Oh! and I do plan on doing a trip report but I've never done one before so I'm kind of nervous! anyone got any tips?

Edited at 03:36 PM.
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A move to the Boardwalk is SO exciting, I am so jealous, it's a bit of a dream of mine to stay there but it's so much pricier than the other Crescent Lake resorts.

Ale & Compass, we haven't tried since it opened last year, we had enjoyed breakfast and lunch at it's predecessor (Captain's Grille), incredibly good desserts! The menu, particularly at lunch is very appealing to me but as we're staying at the Beach Club next year I am trying to leave it until then but I really want to go now!

ESPN is just okay, I do like their menu, the kind of food you think of eating when you go to America, and some days you just want that. We will also be eating there next year.

Big River Grille is very good, although they don't have deep fat fryers so don't sell fries, that may be a deal breaker for some.

Don't forget Flying Fish! And remember, even on pool days, Epcot is a short hop away for some dinner. You are going to have an incredible stay.

You will get your preferred slots, it just involves (unfortunately) requires a lot of patience. Make sure you keep checking as often as you can, sometimes you'll be able to swipe them before TouringPlans even spots them.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the advice!
I know I should get better times (or any time for Beaches) but I'm so impatient ... I just want them now!

What are your thoughts on Flying Fish? It was on my list originally but I've seen it get mixed reviews so I'm cautious about putting it back on there tbh!

I thought about Epcot but I would definitely need at least 1 dinner near the resort for the first night - and neither of us are QS people really (at least that's are excuse for upgrading to DxDDP!) but I could shift some around if FF seems like a good choice!
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We haven't eaten there since the refurb but when we did my main was my favourite dish I have eaten anywhere ever, not only Disney!

We were staying at the Yacht Club and it was so lovely strolling home after having such a great dinner.

If the menu appeals to you go for it!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Glad you got everything booked and hope better times come up soon - I know how you feel as I'm still hoping for an earlier ADR for Garden Grill breakfast and getting impatient!

Amazing news re move to Boardwalk! I'm still toying with changing one of my ADRs and booking Ale and Compass, it does look lovely! We have managed to book Beaches and Cream for our first evening at Beach Club, the menu looks yummy!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List