Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

We flew to Orlando with them in December last year. Pre booked seats, meals and bags as to book all 3 was cheaper than just bags and seats.

Plane was modern and comfortable, did have to pay for 2 blankets on way back for kids but get to keep them and have used again since.

We usually fly BA but didn’t have any complaints with Norwegian and would fly with them again if the price was right. I would much rather fly direct on Norwegian than indirect on another airline for the same money. Just remember to take your own blanket, headphones and any food you need.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I flew with them to New York in Feb.
On the way out the flight was delayed by 14 hours. They knew when we arrived to check in that it was delayed and intact possibly going to be cancelled. They claimed to have called everyone but they certainly had not called us. When the plane (finally) arrived it was not a Norwegian plane and was tiny, old and obviously normally flown short haul.
We applied for compensation and received £700 per person - twice what the return ticket cost!
On the way home there were no delays and the plane was modern. The attendants were lovely and moved me to the exit row because I was pregnant and squashed in a middle seat.
We paid for one bag in the hold and they were really strict on the weight of that and our hand luggage. I had to pretend to throw some books away or we would have had to pay extra and it was stupidly expensive - obviously that’s where they make there money. We didn’t pay for the meals but brought drinks and snacks on board and they were fine but limited choice and expensive so next time I’d take my own. The inflight entertainment was pretty good, no really new films but a huge selection of old ones and I found plenty to watch.
All in all, even with the delays, I got a total bargain and would defs use them to fly to Florida if the price was right!
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are flying with them in August. I'm not too worried about the lack of blankets, gave me an excuse to buy some fleecy ones from the Disney Primark range. Though we are going to look a bit odd with them on the outbound as we're flying to Austin first to visit my bro!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The owner of our management company uses them a lot and says they are very good
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Many thanks for all your replies so far.

Love the trip report there Wiley Coyote, gives us a bit of an insight as to what to prepare for, so thanks for that.

So basically food, drink and blanket and we will be fine then basically? LOL
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I flew to San fransisco with them in Feb. I thought they were great. I booked the food, seat and luggage combo as it was pretty cheap compared with everything separate. The flight was good, plane was fine and ife was good. I had no complaints about staff. Food as part of meals was ok. The snacks did look expensive but I just took snacks and drinks on with me. They did call you to gate really early on both flights though, Gatwick was over an hour before departure. I would go with them again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Could soon be bought by IAG ( owners of BA and Iberia) Not a bad thing as it could help their expansion plans.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Mobile

We used them to fly to LA last month. Booked Thursday morning, flew Friday morning, back home the next Monday (yes, totally mad but huge fun!)

Even booked at 24 hours notice it was a great deal. Lovely plane (Dreamliner), friendly staff, and kept us updated with departure time changes.
If you use the app you’ll be kept updated, although you can’t check in online for any of their long haul flights yet so you do need to arrive early.
We’d have no hesitation in using them again.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List