Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 21 May 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
Just had a birthday cake at the weekend, binned a lot of it, horrible synthetic taste 🤮
Know exactly what you mean. Shame really as many of their other cakes are very nice and love their mince pies and fruit cake
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I agree their birthday cakes are vile. I find that their cakes in general can be quite hit and miss, some like their lemon cheesecake and red velvet cake are lush. Others are reall artificial tasting like their birthday cake. On the plus side, they are large and very cheap so great for kids birthday parties!

Edited at 04:32 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I was at a meeting on Monday and the Marketing Director of Costco was telling us what their ethos is and they are quite a remarkable company.

Every year their Watford store alone carries out more tyre changes than they whole of at ATS nationwide does, their hot dogs in their cafes have been £1.50 since 1993 and always will be, and they’ll never change that.
Plus, and this sounds like the stuff of legends, when they recently expanded into Iceland the store had to have a grass roof, the reason?
Well, apparently it’s to allow the Trolls access to water. Icelanders won’t admit nor deny they believe in Trolls but they don’t take any chances in upsetting them. Apparently the store is built on a Troll “highway” which goes from the mountains to a lake which is situated nearby. Who knew?

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

They do have a criteria, how its met is totally unknown to me as majority of the people in mine during extra trade hours are Pensioners.
Old 27 May 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lossieglen View Post
Been visiting FL for years and read about DIBB members going to Costco.

Never been and thought it was just for retailers.

Can anyone sign up? If so any suggestions on best way to do so.

Thanks
In the US anyone can go in and look. You don't need membership. If you can get your hands on a Costco gift card you can purchase without membership too.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
Disney Ash is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaid2sea
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have UK membership can we go to the store in Orlando?
2011 - Saratoga Springs
mermaid2sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mermaid2sea View Post
We have UK membership can we go to the store in Orlando?
Yes you can.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Every year their Watford store alone carries out more tyre changes than they whole of at ATS nationwide does,
I'd love to know what they're up to with tyres. They used to only sell Michelin and their prices were the best, plus they'd have 20% offers a couple of times per year.

Now they sell various makes and the prices are similar to everywhere else.

They also operate differently to the US/Canada where the branches there will do things like swap tyres around to even out wear and change summer to winter tyres and back again.

Costco UK won't do either of those and they try to get people to buy 4 tyres at once, when often they really only need two. Apart from wasting money, throwing away usable tyres is massively bad for the environment.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I'd love to know what they're up to with tyres. They used to only sell Michelin and their prices were the best, plus they'd have 20% offers a couple of times per year.

Now they sell various makes and the prices are similar to everywhere else.

They also operate differently to the US/Canada where the branches there will do things like swap tyres around to even out wear and change summer to winter tyres and back again.

Costco UK won't do either of those and they try to get people to buy 4 tyres at once, when often they really only need two. Apart from wasting money, throwing away usable tyres is massively bad for the environment.
Not true, I wanted to change my daughters tyres to mitchlin cross climate, she had only done 5000 miles so they where very good condition. They phoned me up to ask why we where changing them and did we want them to either keep or sell. We didn’t and said they could have them.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Not true, I wanted to change my daughters tyres to mitchlin cross climate, she had only done 5000 miles so they where very good condition. They phoned me up to ask why we where changing them and did we want them to either keep or sell. We didn’t and said they could have them.
You were buying 4 tyres anyway so which bit of what I said isn't true?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List