Old 21 May 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All work and no play! Not likely! Day 20 - early morning and Paradise Nights

Day 20 - Sat 19th May

I have my alarm set for 5.30 this morning, apparently there is a wedding happening!

After fighting with the TV channels and for some reason not being able to find Sky International (it was there last night) I settle for ABC news. It’s hilarious listening to the American presenters, they really haven’t got an actual clue who half the people are, including the Royal family! I make a cuppa and get settled, Richard remains fast asleep!

For what it’s worth I think she looked lovely and was clearly playing down the Hollywood element of her life! Her mother was a Regal as any of the Royals, she handled herself with class. The Bishop was hilarious!

Anyhow Richard gets up about 2 hours later and we have toast for breakfast.

We decide to see if there are any garage sales happening locally, it appears not! I think the weather forecast has put people off as more rain is forecast.

We end up at my friend Claire’s house, she did say pop round and I’ll show you around. We have drinks sitting outside, it’s really warm and not raining yet, pretty pleasant really.

From there we head to Applebee’s to meet our friend Jeff for lunch. We were supposed to be meeting him and his wife at Millers but Betty is poorly, Publix have recalled some eggs, she ate them!🤮

I have a Bacon, chicken sandwich and Richard has a Quesadilla burger, a coke and 2 beers as it’s Happy Hour and the bill is $31.

Back at the Villa we do a few more jobs, I scrub some marks off the carpet, Richard fixes a pool cue and cleans the BBQ. I clean the Dory room and shut the door, that half of the villa is now finished!

Tonight we are off to Discovery Cove for Paradise Nights. It’s lashing with rain right now and the forecast is for it to lash with rain all evening! I’ve called them twice and they have told me it’s definitely going ahead, I can’t see how to be honest!

This is what it’s supposed to look like!

Hold that thought!

I have information that the I4 is a car park! We set off early bearing that in mind. I’m talking to a couple of people on FB who are al so going, none of us can quite beiieve the year haven’t cancelled it!

It takes us 90 minutes to get there, a journey that normally takes us 30 minutes or less. The rain is torrential.

When we check in at Discovery Cove we are ad I send that we can cancel if we wish and some of the animal encounters may not go ahead if the weather is inclement - it doesn’t get much more inclement than this - trust me!💦💦💦

We stand to the side to have a think but we decide to stay, I only see one couple cancel, it’s taken us so long to get there we may as well risk it.

We are taken to a terrace which is ‘under cover’ I’ll use that term loosely as everywhere is dripping with rain, we are paddling through puddles, at least they are warm!

Nice wet shirt Richard!

We stand in line to meet Louis the Sloth, he is adorable and we are allowed to pat him.

The food is fairly good to be honest but Richard is refused a second slice of meat, not sure what that’s all about!

We then go and meet Owly the Owl, he’s a rescue owl, he had fishing line round his wing a d he now can’t fly so couldn’t be released back into the Wild.

The Dolphin show is going ahead, to be honest you can’t actually see how bad the weather is from my photos. The Dolphin show lasts about 10-15 minutes and there is also a proposal, she said yes!

You’ll notice a glow in the sky in my next few photos, it’s still peeing down but the sunset is amazing!

The cast members are trying hard and obviously I totally know that Sea World are not responsible for the weather but I feel they should have made the decision to cancel the whole event, it’s not as if it was a sudden downpour, it had been forecast for days! Apparently they shut the bar and finished everything about 15 minutes after we left which was about 8.30, it was supposed to go on till 10.

There is lots of moaning on FB and I have emailed them, no reply 2 days later though! Xx

Edited at 11:57 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You got some fantastic photos I love the rainbow, but I agree with you, given the weather they should have cancelled. There would have been a lot more enjoyment if you where not feeling all soggy.
Old 22 May 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Ahh the Saturday rain, wasn't it horrendous!
A varied day and I do like the sound of the Quesadilla burger, interesting.
Been a few food issues this year out there with lettuce and now eggs hasn't there.
Eggs worry me albeit I still eat them. God love Edwina Currie she was so right about them!
I am amazed the evening show at DC went ahead. But all credit to you for attending as I would probably have cancelled.
That sloth looks so cute and the owl is tiny.
The picture of Richard in his wet shirt is priceless. You need to insert a speech bubble by him - 'what am I doing here'
Take care.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Really should have cancelled the event at least the puddles were warm a really odd sensation
Do you use the carpet cleaner in the red bottle great stuff and we use a citrus BBQ cleaner from lowes best stuff ever even bring that home
Sunset looks amazing
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sound like they should have cancelled the event but well done for going ahead

Joan
Old 22 May 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely photos, shame about the rain, but I bet it was nice to see a proposal
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

They definitely should have cancelled. Such a shame about the rain though as it sounds like a lovely event. We came home two weeks ago and the I4 was horrendous then, looks like it hasn't improved although the weather might have had something to do with it now!
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List