Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 21 May 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

New Member Suprise Trip

Hi all!

firstly I would like to say thanks to everyone for the massive amount of information and help available on this forum! it's been very very useful to me in the planning of our trip.

We travel early September and have booked 14 nights at The Disney AoA resort- only a standard Little mermaid room but will be big enough for us as we hope to not spend much time in the room!
We have the 14 for 7 ultimate tickets and QSDP that will see us through breakfast and in park lunch.

My wife actually booked our trip for us through Thomas Cook and surprised me and our 2 children (10yr old son & 4 yr old Daughter) with it at Christmas. ( she has been sneakily paying it off a bit at a time for over a year! )

I haven't been involved with the pre-booking part which is difficult for me- i'm a transport manager by trade so my every day is taken up with detailed planning of vehicle movements etc.. planning is just what i do so i find it difficult to let go of the reigns! On this occasion i had no choice.. but then the wife said " I've sorted the holiday you have to do all the other stuff"

So it's been down to me to research everything from dining options, dinnershows, Fastpass, Car hire, what parks, days out ETC.

To throw a spanner in the works I was informed this morning that my mother & father in law have also booked onto the holiday, amazingly they have the same flight and accommodation as us and it's no dearer than our price booked over a year ago!

Looking forward to having them along, the kids adore them so it will be nice for them to share the magic! Also useful to have a childminder for the odd evening here and there

Just waiting for their booking reference to appear on MDE so i can start adding them to the things we have planned and book them into the dining experiences etc we have already sorted.

Also in a quandary r.e. hirecar as well-- but i have started a thread on that in the relevant section.

Just waiting on the Fastpass day to arrive now.. very fortuitously my 60 day window should start at 12:00 on a Sunday so at least i don't have to take a day off to do it all!
Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Simmyoto - now if you like planning you are gong to have a great time. It really is a case of reading, researching and planning as that way you will get the most out of everything.

I read more than I write on hear but take it all in and note the top tips down for use, they made our last trip successful and hopefully also the next. We are also at AoA.

Fabulous times ahead.

Welcome
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome you will just love art of animation it's a fabulous resort!
Old 21 May 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hello and welcome to the dibb. happy planning, oh wait it sounds like you already have
Old 22 May 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Hi welcome to the Dibb
Happy planning for September and wishing you all a magical trip
Old 22 May 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Hi and welcome to the Dibb :-)
Old 29 May 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Irisis
Excited about Disney

Welcome to the Dibb! Glad to hear you've found loads of useful information already, this place has certainly helped me make the most of my Orlando holidays too. Have a wonderful time on your rapidly approaching trip.