Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

AA changed our seats to exit but son under 15

Hi There

Just looked at our flights and AA have changed our flight to a different plane so also moved our seats..
They have put DW DD DS and me in exit row seats and not charged us which at first thought great ..then taking a closer look it says that you can't sit in them if you are under 15 , our son is 13 just before we go ...
As they have put him in it will he be able to sit there or do you think we need to change his seat...
The row behind us is empty so was thinking of moving his seat to the row behind but our DD 19 said she will sit in it and let DS sit in hers but thinking about that don't even know if this will be allowed ?
Anyone been in this situation before have any info really dont know what to do ...Wife says leave it as they will probably change the plane again been about 3/4 ..haha
2017dream is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

There aren't 4 seats in an exit row. Depending on the aircraft it's 2 or 3. There are 4 seats in a bulkhead row.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We were moved by AA on our internal flight last year. It was an exit row but a window rather than a door. My daughter was still only 12 but they just asked to see her and asked if she would assist opening it in an emergency and she said yes so we were able to sit there. To be fair she is very tall and looks older but I did double check it was ok. The legroom was huge.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
There aren't 4 seats in an exit row. Depending on the aircraft it's 2 or 3. There are 4 seats in a bulkhead row.
Thanks for the reply...
they have changed us to a 757 for our flight from Philadelphia to Orlando and put us on row 24 , seats CDEF ...As you say they are 3 /3 was going to sit DD 19 in the one across the aisle and sit DS in the middle of us two ..
Really dont know what to do now...
2017dream is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2017dream View Post
Thanks for the reply...
they have changed us to a 757 for our flight from Philadelphia to Orlando and put us on row 24 , seats CDEF ...As you say they are 3 /3 was going to sit DD 19 in the one across the aisle and sit DS in the middle of us two ..
Really dont know what to do now...
Sit him across the aisle for take off and landing, then swap in flight. He's not going to need to be able to help with the door inflight.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
We were moved by AA on our internal flight last year. It was an exit row but a window rather than a door. My daughter was still only 12 but they just asked to see her and asked if she would assist opening it in an emergency and she said yes so we were able to sit there. To be fair she is very tall and looks older but I did double check it was ok. The legroom was huge.
Thanks for the reply...
they have changed us to a 757 Philadelphia /Orlando and give us row 24 CDEF , was that like yours ? How do find out if it is a window /door ?
Our son is about 5 .3" / 5.4"
Could i also ask did you know before hand and ask that way or did you not know till the day ...
Thanks again for the reply ...
Old 31 May 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

This happened to us when DS was about 14, during take off and landing they sat him in a different seat and during the flight he came and sat with us, he loved the attention he got from the lovely couple who were sat in his 'other' row!

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Sit him across the aisle for take off and landing, then swap in flight. He's not going to need to be able to help with the door inflight.
Think he would be fine with that , and i thought at first that just the window seat would be exit but when you hover above all the seats they all say exit row and at the top of the page it says under 15 not allowed to sit in exit row...
We haven't flown for about 15 years so not to sure about flights , last time i flew you couldn't choose your own seat or anything like that i don't think ,...had two liitle buttons on the arm for turning the radio up and down and the DD thought by pressing them she was taking off and landing the plane ...
Old 31 May 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

To be sure, I'd check out the plane on a website such as seat guru. One plus with AA is that often once they have put you in a 'premium' seat, if you want to switch to a different one the benefit of that seat goes with it. In other words, you have your pick of premium seats on the flight (in same class I'm afraid!) without the usual fee.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

Hiya. They have done the same thing to our family and my kids are 11 and 9. It won't let me change the seats online and when I phoned the woman was less than helpful. I might try ringing again tomorrow and see if I get any further.
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List