Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Monzo Card

Just looking for some advice on the Monzo card. I have downloaded the app and my card is ready, but the app is asking me to upload a copy of photographic ID and load £100. Perhaps I am being over cautious but I just wanted to make sure this is safe enough before I go ahead.

Thanks for any advice
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I got to this stage last week. Monzo is genuine as far as i know but i got put off when the small print said something along the lines of no guarantee the card will work as it is still in the early stages so how would i get my £100.

We decided to stick with Starling Bank instead who didnt want money up front.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cavvy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Just looking for some advice on the Monzo card. I have downloaded the app and my card is ready, but the app is asking me to upload a copy of photographic ID and load £100. Perhaps I am being over cautious but I just wanted to make sure this is safe enough before I go ahead.

Thanks for any advice
Yes I did the same and have ordered my card.
Cavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

I have my card going to change the pin and use it today, but also have the revolut card for back up and a cc.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
v100bug
Helping Mickey

I have been using mine now for 4 weeks, and so far (touch wood) I've had no problems.. haven't used it abroad yet, which is the main reason I got it following moneysavingexpert recommendation.

It is still in BETA phase, and I have received an email advising they have been experiencing some intermittent processing issues, but I haven't experienced them.

I've withdrawn cash, used on line, tapped to pay.. all fine
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We are just back from Florida today and used the Monzo card loads when we were there. It was great- I got an instant notification on the app (and my smart watch) to say it had been used, the $ amount and the GBP conversion. The exchange rate was way better than my credit card too. We were getting 1.32 to the pound.
We were both really impressed with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
My DD has recently got back from a holiday to Spain with some friends. She got the Monzo card after seeing it recommended on moneysaving expert and had no problems with it at all.

Debra
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I got it too and yes I had some doubts about the photo id etc. but when you used to open an account in a bank and even when you buy some flights etc. they will take a copy of your photo id. I am paranoid about security as I work in IT but this seems legit and it is vouched for by MSE.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Harko
Trying for More Ears

My daughter has also been using a Monzo card in Spain without any issues. Easy for bank of dad to top up her holiday spends too. I also saw it on moneysaving expert, planning to take it to New York at the end of the year and Florida next year. I think its a fantastic product.
Harko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for all the replies, I have went ahead and topped it up today!