Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
We did a budget trip in January. Although we stayed onsite, we didn't have a dining plan and ate both on and off site. We allowed ourselves $75 per day (two adults) and although we weren't sure that it would be enough, it was fine.
My food report is here if you want to see how we did it:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1004188

I must apologise for the fact that we did drink water some of the time though but we've never been to Skegness

Just read through your budget trip...great! Thank you for taking the time to put this together

As to water... nowt wrong with Adam's Ale
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
I'm sorry I don't know if suggesting people on the dole living in skegness (which was very random) dont live a very extravagant lifestyle, I didn't suggest anything about them, I'm sure they are all very nice but assume they would choose water with their meals at Disney world, why you think I disrespect people on the dole I don't understand as I come from a council tower block in battersea, where the people on the dole where the lucky ones, the other people I come from were in prison wishing they were on the dole

Snide? You and many other people clearly don't get my sense of humour but I can't help that as generally speaking I can't help myself "contributing" to threads, believe me I've tried, if you report my post you will draw the attention of the admin to my disparaging and snide comments for them to deal with as they see fit, it may suite everyone if I got kicked from the site and would help me keep my outh shut and stop upsetting people

I do in fact respect people's ability or enjoyment in doing things cheaply, why wouldn't I? How does it affect me? I'm very happy for folks to do what makes them happy, isn't it a good idea to give other perspectives, if for example I asked how much money I should take on holiday and someone said we did it on $500 for me to get there, wasting money on diets cokes and running out of money 2 days into my holiday, I didn't notice the op ask how cheapely they could get way with

Thankfully, lastly, during the past two augusts while walking on the surface of the sun we spent a small fortune on bottles of water trying to stay hidrated as everyone suggests we should, cost more than $5 on water stops for four people

2nd lastly lol I don't mind you not liking what I say any more than you don't mind me not liking what you said in reply, but I didn't insult you or anyone in fact
No one said you 'insulted ' anyone per se, but you made snide comments about 'extreme couponing ' and ' on the dole in Skegness '. You know you did, so don't hide behind the "it's my sense of humour " routine.

I have no doubt whatsoever you're a very decent bloke, some of your posts are informative and - at times - humorous. You did however, overstep the line and you should just have either edited it or put your hands up and acknowledged it.

No one wants to see anyone removed from the site ( unless they deserve it ) but it doesn't hurt to think before you post sometimes

That's my last word on the subject... let's all move on to happier things.
Old 20 Aug 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

We spent $2500 for two adults and one 11 year old this time. We ate one meal a day in a restaurant usually the evening had breakfast in hotel room, never ate in parks, we used publix quite a bit for sandwiches. We probably spent $800 of that on souvenirs/shopping.
And as for Skegness we have had quite a few holidays there and we spend a fortune, British seaside resorts are not cheap.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We did a budget trip last year and currently out here now. If you click on our food reports below, they may help and give you some ideas.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Hi,

We stayed on site last year, but ate quite a lot off site, here's a link to my food report to give you some idea of prices.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=971015

Happy planning!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm here at the moment and am finding it slightly more expensive than when I was last here. And that's not because the rates have dropped. There is myself and my daughter and we are paying roughly around 22 dollars for an IHOP breakfast. It's around 15 dollars each for a meal combo in the parks. It's 3 dollars in universal for a bottle of water. I'm trying to keep all my receipts and I'll upload them when I'm home next week so people can get a grasp of prices for things. X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
I'm here at the moment and am finding it slightly more expensive than when I was last here. And that's not because the rates have dropped. There is myself and my daughter and we are paying roughly around 22 dollars for an IHOP breakfast. It's around 15 dollars each for a meal combo in the parks. It's 3 dollars in universal for a bottle of water. I'm trying to keep all my receipts and I'll upload them when I'm home next week so people can get a grasp of prices for things. X
Looking forward to following your thread about current costs when you get back and have time to post them, thank you!
Old 23 Aug 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

We manage to get by pretty well on around by taking around £2500 (not $) to spend.

We eat breakfast in the room - two reasons - the first being that we don't feel we have the time in the morning for a big meal and secondly, it keeps costs lower. We don't tend to have big breakfasts at home so don't feel we are doing anything different. We will still go out a couple of times on shopping days etc.

Lunch - we tend to buy sandwiches/fruit etc in the supermarket. I just don't like the theme park fast food for 2.5 weeks. It's not my cup of tea. I know there are other alternatives but I'm happy eating on the go and getting round the park.

Dinner - last year was our daughters first trip (she was nearly) 2. We quite often left the park and went someone like IHOP/Ponderosa as we found it easier having buffet options where she could pick at things. Now she is over 2 it will be more expensive for us next time.
We still at out at 'nicer' restaurants depending on how we were for time. I'm personally not really too bothered about where I eat.

We ate in the parks a couple of times but coming away from the parks for a while before going back worked quite nice for us.

We spend quite a whack on clothes so prefer to keep our food costs down where we can. I wouldn't say we scrimp as such but we prefer to keep the spends 'sensible'

It's definitely an each to their own thing.

As others mentioned you've got the fixed costs of parking etc.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

We (me & girlfriend) did Orlando staying off-site last November. Have looked back at what we spent (as we kept a breakdown for future reference). We did not set a budget as such, as we knew we had the funds available to pay the credit card bill in full on our return - as long as I kept her out of Tiffany's at Mall of Millennia!

We had a self catering apartment, so breakfast was always eaten-in. We never spend a full day in any park, so we either stopped off back at the apartment for lunch, or picked up 7-11 hotdogs & a drink. Can get a 1/3lb hotdog & very large drink for under $5 - certainly enough to keep us going until dinner.

Dinner - we ate out every night & drank alcohol. Our dinner spends were typically between $70-$95 including tip. This would be 2 courses & 2 drinks each.

So say $85 for dinner, $20 parking, $10 lunch + an allowance for supermarket food & drink for the apartment & the occasional drink in a park. We probably spent about $150 a day for both of us.

This figure does not include gas (petrol) as we only topped the car up once in the fortnight and it was about $20 (the rental was "return empty" basis). It does not include shopping either - suffice it to say we hit Premium Outlets a few times.

We're off again on Sunday for 8 days - if I remember I'll tot up exactly what we send on a couple of days, to see if my $150 a day ball-park figure is accurate.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
We (me & girlfriend) did Orlando staying off-site last November. Have looked back at what we spent (as we kept a breakdown for future reference). We did not set a budget as such, as we knew we had the funds available to pay the credit card bill in full on our return - as long as I kept her out of Tiffany's at Mall of Millennia!

We had a self catering apartment, so breakfast was always eaten-in. We never spend a full day in any park, so we either stopped off back at the apartment for lunch, or picked up 7-11 hotdogs & a drink. Can get a 1/3lb hotdog & very large drink for under $5 - certainly enough to keep us going until dinner.

Dinner - we ate out every night & drank alcohol. Our dinner spends were typically between $70-$95 including tip. This would be 2 courses & 2 drinks each.

So say $85 for dinner, $20 parking, $10 lunch + an allowance for supermarket food & drink for the apartment & the occasional drink in a park. We probably spent about $150 a day for both of us.

This figure does not include gas (petrol) as we only topped the car up once in the fortnight and it was about $20 (the rental was "return empty" basis). It does not include shopping either - suffice it to say we hit Premium Outlets a few times.

We're off again on Sunday for 8 days - if I remember I'll tot up exactly what we send on a couple of days, to see if my $150 a day ball-park figure is accurate.
We're budgeting $150 per day between 2 adults for food, parking and fuel for our upcoming trip. We'll be eating in the likes of Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, IHOP, Sweet Tomatoes etc. and taking water and snacks into the parks. Now some days we will be over budget as we've booked Star Wars Dessert Party as an example but I'm hoping we can stick to this as much as possible. I'll be writing up a trip report eventually
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List