Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
Could I also ask which terminals you land and leave out of ... We have 1.5hr turnaround to maje the connection. just wondering how far it is to the next gate? Please!
That's the same connection time we had and it's plenty. I think we arrived in D and departed again from C but it's all one linked terminal. You walk into a central atrium and each concourse is off that main atrium. Here is the terminal map: cltairport/MapsandDir...ps/SDWRMap.pdf

You don't need to collect luggage as it's all booked through so you only need to get off one plane and onto the other. You will have enough time to grab a bite to eat and visit the restrooms if need be.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks so much folks, will load their tablets with movies just in case. My last experience flying trans Atlantic involved a knackered IFE system on Aerlingus and I was bored rigid so you can imagine what it would be like for a couple of children.

Cheers folks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hiddenmichelle
Excited about Disney

We flew AA for the first time on our last trip and my, not easy to please 12 year old, thinks they were the best screens (reasonably large and clear - sure he would correct my terminology) and had sort of "real games" (Plants v Zombies if I recall etc). He rated it over Virgin. But as with any flight you never know exactly what you will get till you get on and everything works - a back up is a sensible plan. (I flew to New York recently and had no IFE as my screen was not working, and that was the case with about a third of the plane)
hiddenmichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not sure if all AA flights are the same but we have never had the option of a children's meal for DD when we have flown from Man. We buy a meal deal and bring plenty of snacks as the adult options do not appeal to her at all. May be worth bearing in mind if you have fussy children like mine!
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We did in July and they were fab. Staff were lovely with our three children x
Some planes have wifi access too.

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We flew AA last month. Dublin via Charlotte with AA on the A330. Probably the best flight I have ever had. Clean and comfortable plane with plenty of space, and I'm 6'1.
The only issue is no Kids meals and the food tastes awful.
Charlotte is a tiny airport, so no need to change building. Terminals are just short branches off the main building, probably a 5-10 min walk between gates. 1.5hrs is fine, no need to panic.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List