Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Feb 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

1 day car hire now sorted for 'free'!

All going well we won't need this info as will get our first night at POR so will use the DME on arrival however I have to have a back up plan.

I have put the accommodation options to the family and we are all agreed it would be nice to be in a 2 bed villa/apartment if not in a Disney resort which has led me to a villa on a resort in Kissimmee that offers free Disney shuttle. We are a family of 5, I believe this has a premium when using taxi/uber etc and hubby isn't keen either, he does like the idea of a 1 day car hire returning close to Disney (depending on company) but when i did a quote through the airline the cheapest I got was £85 for an intermediate! where's the cheapest place to look that is going to include all insurance etc? am I missing something out of our plan?
like I say this is just our back up plan but if we can do it at a good price I won't bother chasing Disney for that extra night, TIA

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

So after discussions last night our back up plan has become our preferred option so today I have booked a 2 bed apartment at Grande villas resort, looked on Alamo and avis websites and prices seem much more reasonable than through my airline.

After looking at the avisBA thread below I noticed someone mentioned avios points so decided to see what we have as flew with BA last year. It turns out we have a bit more than what is needed for the same sized car we had last year for the one day , as the car is now 'free' we aren't going to worry about the refuel charge on a 20 mile journey

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List