Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Mar 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Ramsay Travel have just called me back with a quote of £11,800

That is for

4 nights in RPR (not club but still with front of line passes)
10 nights in a 4 bedroom Villa in Glenbrook
10 night car hire (collect from Universal)
Flights GLA-MCO with Virgin
14 day Combo tickets for Disney and Universal with free memory maker

My mum has said this is the holiday of a lifetime for her and my dad and she wants to split it down the middle! So £5,900 each family! Im tempted!
I honestly think you could get it within budget doing it diy. Can you get a breakdown of that quote to see the cost of the individual elements? I think if you can that would give you a better idea of what can be done cheaper on diy. We have 2 weeks in a 4-bed Dibb villa in August costing £1260, as others have said the tickets for 6 will be in the region of £3600 so villa and tickets will cost around £5000. Rather than 4 nights at RPR you could book a couple of single nights to spread out your park days you will get 2 days express passes with each night. The advantage of diy is that you can choose your villa to suit your needs such as 2 ensuites, lanai, access to a toilet from the poolside, games-room etc. You could book the villa just now whilst waiting for the flights to be released. For October your flights will be released around November so ideal to watch for them in the December/January sales.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Have a go at virgin to beat the price they started at £16,000 got it for £10,000 by showing them A few quotes from other providers
Yep you were right... they beat it with a quote of £11,700! Do people actually book with virgin on first quote!
Old 9 Mar 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Yep you were right... they beat it with a quote of £11,700! Do people actually book with virgin on first quote!
I have no idea but I always haggle with virgin and get £1000s off every year and the security of a big company.
They price matched my DIY quote this year.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

sorry but ive missed what time of year this is for. that seems expensive to me but then i dont hire a car or stay in a villa, i book a hotel.

it depends on time of year and what you want.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d think that was do-able!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

U can easy get cheaper than that with indirect flights at max 500pp, we never pay more and go summer or Oct school hols. 3000 for tickets, leaving 4000 for villa, u should get villa for about 800pw max
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Keep trying
We paid 11,500 for six of us (1 infant). This included:
2 rooms in Gatwick PI for 1 night
6 nights in OKW- 2 bed apartment- with free dining plan (booked ourselves)
8 nights Villa from Virgin in Providence
Disney Tickets, Universal tickets (Uni for 3 people only) and Discovery Cove non swim ultimate ticket (inc Busch Gardens and Sea World- free parking)
Large minivan with gold insurance for two weeks.
Direct flight with Virgin on first Sat of half term (Oct) +cost of booking seat in bubble
Indirect flight home with Delta on Saturday

We had to transfer airports as going out LGW and home LH but the savings we made more than made up for this.

We booked Disney ourselves when DDP first announced and then spent hours and months looking for best DIY prices for flights,etc
We were in Cardiff and went into Virgin store and the lady there was fantastic about getting us what we needed at an affordable price.

We had priced it up independently and got about the same price flying with BA in to Tampa but quote she was able to get us for the other stuff was so good booked with them. Not sure if some sort of special promotion on at the time as the prices she got us especially for the tickets (not Disney) was fantastic. We went in never thinking we would actually book with them but were very pleasantly surprised.

I think it helped as I went in armed with the quote for flights, car hire and Villa from BA and she seemed very motivated to equal or beat it!

Keep trying! I'm sure you can do it around that budget!

Edited at 08:22 AM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List