Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we buy the annual pass that gets FOLTL (once each ride per day after 4pm)

it suits us as we chill by the pool then go for a nice meal then head in and its not so hot

queues can be long in July/August

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote here for staying onsite with express lane passes. It makes it so much more enjoyable, especially when dealing with the heat/humidity. We actually find going to US/IOA relaxing.
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We queued up to 45 minutes with Express passes for some attractions last August.

I would definitely recommend staying at RPR but it does mean that your visit to Universal is ridiculously expensive
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Il disagree here, (slightly as it is August) we don't have express we have 14 days, most rides were 30 mins apart from Minions which was always over 80 (still not ridden it lol) the few times we went Mid afternoon /early evening again most rides were only 20 mins wait times apart from Minions
That’s good to hear. Nice as it would be I can’t justify an overnight stay for just 2 of us so we’re just going to have to make best of it but it’s good to hear it’s manageable. Fingers crossed we catch it on a good day!
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hope you enjoy the trip BUT when we were there early last August, we didn’t see a single queue under 30 minutes and for most rides it was well over an hour. We had express for 2 days. On our 3rd visit I think we got on one ride. Maybe two.
Old 8 May 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If you don't want to stay onsite, I would have a couple of visits after 6pm, as you won't pay for parking, it'll be slightly cooler when the sun sets and it will hopefully be less busy.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
If you don't want to stay onsite, I would have a couple of visits after 6pm, as you won't pay for parking, it'll be slightly cooler when the sun sets and it will hopefully be less busy.

We do this every year in either July or August. I would prefer to enjoy a few rides in Universal then cram everything in. We arrive at 6pm for free parking, and get everything done over the two weeks more than enough times for us. The heat of the park would make it unpleasant during the day.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
The plan was to go up to Universal, stay one night at RPR and buy a 2 day pass. However, DH thinks we’d be better to have the 14 day pass and go up from the villa several times (early or late) instead but without Express. We haven’t been up to Universal for about 10 years so I’m not sure which is best.
Well I have to say, I've just read everyone's comments (inc mine) and I can only imagine that you're none the wiser!
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Could not think of anything worse than going at this time without folp,I must live in a parallel universe,as queues are mega,a billion % one night ,for x2 full days of folp at one of the three hotels,preferably,which ever is the cheapest,but hey who am I, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

It is our first time in Aug ( for almost the month ) and we are toying with a night at RPR for the express pass's, we did it last Oct and while it was nice to be at RPR, it really did not help us much, we just walked down the empty express lines and cut out the long snaking empty normal line

it just wasnt worth it in oct
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List