Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 May 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Volcano Bay without early entry?

We have 2 nights booked at RPR so my initial plan was day One and day Two at Islands Of Adventure and Universal Studios and then check out day using early entry at at Volcano Bay.

However we did 2 nights at RPR last year and had an amazing, relaxed 3 days using the FOLP passes at just IOA and US. It for me was the best three days of the holiday. My gut is telling me to do the same and go to Volcano Bay another day when we are not onsite at Universal without the early entry.

Am I making a mistake not utilising the early entry? I like the big slides, kids will go on some but not the really big rides. DW is only concerned with getting a shady spot. It will be mid May so not peak season and we'd get there for regular opening.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We used early entry last year and was definitely worth doing. We did go in August so I know it’s probably a bit busier and it hadn’t been open that long. Most rides were ride now with early entry and there was a very noticeable difference when the park opened properly for the day.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
We used early entry last year and was definitely worth doing. We did go in August so I know it’s probably a bit busier and it hadn’t been open that long. Most rides were ride now with early entry and there was a very noticeable difference when the park opened properly for the day.
Thank you.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
What time was early entry in Aug? Thanks
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

It is an hour before opening - this year should be 8am.

I would use the early opening, fantastic perk for onsite guests. Volcano Bay looks fabulous but is too popular for its own good.

We are staying onsite for a week in August, looking to do at least 4 mornings in Volcano Bay. Get there early and leave when it gets busy. Then go to one of the hotel pools for a bit before hitting the parks early afternoon.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post

I would use the early opening, fantastic perk for onsite guests. Volcano Bay looks fabulous but is too popular for its own good.

We are staying onsite for a week in August, looking to do at least 4 mornings in Volcano Bay. Get there early and leave when it gets busy. Then go to one of the hotel pools for a bit before hitting the parks early afternoon.
Sounds like a good plan! Thanks
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WASTID
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post

We're only staying on RPR for 3 nights and after reading reports of how busy VB gets we've decided to make sure we do an early entry one morning and get as much done as we can before it gets busy. How long would you say it takes to get most done before its too busy?

We've also said that the other days we might have a few lazy mornings knowing that we have the Express Passes in the park anyway so shouldn't have to many queuing issues. Although once there we might just want to get on everything as soon as we wake up!
WASTID is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We'll definitely be using early entry for VB. Pretty much dumping our stuff, going for the slides and then coming back to SF - hoping to be done by lunchtime... then again, we are going on July 4th... gulp.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi all. Any idea if VB is significantly busier at the weekend? And what time are hotel pools open until? Thanks all
Old 14 May 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Hotel pools open to 11pm

I would assume VB will be busier at the weekends as there will be more locals but by the sounds of the reviews it is basically full a couple of hours after opening regardless

We haven't been to Volcano Bay yet (it was being built last time we were at Universal 2 years ago) but we normally find all the water parks to be similar.

We get there for opening, do a couple of hours on all the slides and then when it is busy go in the lazy river or wave pool which can accommodate more people.

Then leave at lunchtime !

Volcano Bay opens until 9pm at night in peak season - another idea would be to go at night. We are going to give it a go from 6pm until 9pm at least once, hopefully people will have gone home or out for tea etc and it will be quieter. It should also look good at night.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List