Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JammyDoja View Post
not sure if we went into this lounge but we got one included at manchster for going upper class. Went inside and had a look. Wasnt impressed at all we left and went to franki and bennies for our usual breakfast before flight.
If you were in Upper Class it would have been the Escape Lounge you were sent to by Virgin. When did you visit? Only ask as there used to be 3 Escape Lounges which were so-so. Two were by the stairs opposite Gate 209 (one on each side at the top of the stairs). Standing with your back to the planes, the one on the left was pokey and had no natural light, the one on the right had natural light and was nicer (but could get full) and in the mornings they often sent Business Class passengers to this one - paying customers got the other.

About two years ago as a guess, the stairs opposite Gate 209 were removed and both of the Escape Lounges were knocked into one lounge & it was redecorated / modernised. The finished result is not bad IMO - certainly a far cry from the main departures level downstairs. Finally there is the old Delta Escape Lounge down the corridor past the V-Room. This is a bit pokey with limited natural light.

The food offering is bacon & sausage cobs at breakfast (included in the price), plus a selection of pastries, meats, cheese, fruit, yoghurts, cereals etc. You can have a reasonably light breakfast in there with ease. There is a pay-extra breakfast menu where you can get a few hot plated breakfasts (things like scrambled egg & smoked salmon, up to a full English) - everything on this menu is free if you present an Upper Class boarding pass at the order point. After 11am the breakfast service stops and the lunch buffet is put out. Quite a good selection of fresh sandwiches, meat, cheese, charcuterie boards etc. Again there is a pay-extra menu with hot dishes on (can't remember what), but again it's FOC with an Upper Class boarding card.

I'll be in the Escape Lounge 3 weeks today so if I remember I'll take a photo of the menus and report back.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JammyDoja
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
If you were in Upper Class it would have been the Escape Lounge you were sent to by Virgin. When did you visit? Only ask as there used to be 3 Escape Lounges which were so-so. Two were by the stairs opposite Gate 209 (one on each side at the top of the stairs). Standing with your back to the planes, the one on the left was pokey and had no natural light, the one on the right had natural light and was nicer (but could get full) and in the mornings they often sent Business Class passengers to this one - paying customers got the other.

About two years ago as a guess, the stairs opposite Gate 209 were removed and both of the Escape Lounges were knocked into one lounge & it was redecorated / modernised. The finished result is not bad IMO - certainly a far cry from the main departures level downstairs. Finally there is the old Delta Escape Lounge down the corridor past the V-Room. This is a bit pokey with limited natural light.

The food offering is bacon & sausage cobs at breakfast (included in the price), plus a selection of pastries, meats, cheese, fruit, yoghurts, cereals etc. You can have a reasonably light breakfast in there with ease. There is a pay-extra breakfast menu where you can get a few hot plated breakfasts (things like scrambled egg & smoked salmon, up to a full English) - everything on this menu is free if you present an Upper Class boarding pass at the order point. After 11am the breakfast service stops and the lunch buffet is put out. Quite a good selection of fresh sandwiches, meat, cheese, charcuterie boards etc. Again there is a pay-extra menu with hot dishes on (can't remember what), but again it's FOC with an Upper Class boarding card.

I'll be in the Escape Lounge 3 weeks today so if I remember I'll take a photo of the menus and report back.
yes it was 2 years ago Sept 2016. See we didnt realise it was free with an upperclass boarding card
Abit gutted we wasnt told haha we just saw the free bacon cob and thought we would rather pay the extra and have a big breakfast at franki and Bs rather then payt extra for a few items in the lounge. It was a little bit to dark and small for. Not really a bad thing but after watching a video about the heathrow lounge it was a dissapointment lol
Las Vegas 2011-Luxor/Florida 2011-International Palms
Florida 2012-Fantasy Villas/Florida 2014-Windsor Palms
JammyDoja is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PENNYC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have decided to book the lounge. We can have a breakfast and hubby can have a beer and if I want a prosecco to start my holiday I can and the son can have free WiFi lol 😂 and we can relax without the hustle and bustle of the airport so I think for us we have made the right decision.
PENNYC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List