Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'm just over border in Rotherham and I'm sure our Easter holidays start 15th April here next year, I know this year ours started a week earlier than sheffields so I think you are out of holiday dates?
I emailed Sheffield city council and got a confirmation that those are the dates for the Easter holidays 2019. I wanted to make sure!
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

To get the best price you need to be cool and have some nerve, skyscanner say that flights to Florida are cheapest 26 weeks before departure.

We set a price when and if we can get that price we book if we can’t we don’t. We are not silly looking at say £299, our target price for August next year for three weeks is £2000 for 2A 1C three weeks car hire and flights I fully expect to get it we will not pay £1 more (though if it’s close I may use a few miles).

We will fly to any Florida airport we will fly on most carriers and direct or indirect (but not silly journey times) despite living in beautiful Kent we would fly from anywhere up to Manchester.

We are also flexible within August school holidays for dates, we prefer end of August less crowds but if we have dot go beginning of August we will better weather but more crowds.

Flexibility is key I know you can’t be on dates but be as flexible as you can on everything else and everyone can get a price within their budget

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneybumble3 View Post
I emailed Sheffield city council and got a confirmation that those are the dates for the Easter holidays 2019. I wanted to make sure!
Good thinking, definately need to be sure... hope you find a better price soon
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

Easter is one of the more expensive and busier times to go to Orlando due to it being the american holidays/spring break too! I know it wouldn’t be ideal, but could you do a mini-moon for a couple of days after the wedding and then do the proper honeymoon in summer? I know it wouldn’t be ideal, although it does seem ta be more popular nowadays! But it could save you a little bit? Just an option you may not have considered 🙂
Old 18 May 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
To get the best price you need to be cool and have some nerve, skyscanner say that flights to Florida are cheapest 26 weeks before departure.

We set a price when and if we can get that price we book if we can’t we don’t. We are not silly looking at say £299, our target price for August next year for three weeks is £2000 for 2A 1C three weeks car hire and flights I fully expect to get it we will not pay £1 more (though if it’s close I may use a few miles).

We will fly to any Florida airport we will fly on most carriers and direct or indirect (but not silly journey times) despite living in beautiful Kent we would fly from anywhere up to Manchester.

We are also flexible within August school holidays for dates, we prefer end of August less crowds but if we have dot go beginning of August we will better weather but more crowds.

Flexibility is key I know you can’t be on dates but be as flexible as you can on everything else and everyone can get a price within their budget
I am right with you on that one. And like you, I rarely book immediately on release. I average around the 9-10 month from return mark , when all the carriers are competing for my money.

Despite living in West Cornwall, I will consider LHR, LGW, Birmingham, Manchester as a start or finish point.

As a destination or departure airport in Florida, I will consider Daytona, MCO , Sanford, Tampa Fort Lauderdale. I have even used Pensacola and that was in fact our best Florida vacation to date. We also will arrive at one and depart from another. We build our vacation around our flights, rather than the other way round!

I actually prefer a good indirect to a direct, reasoning that it is likely to be from our nearest airport(LHR) at 5 hrs away and that we will have cleared customs and immigration before arrival at destination. Door to door Falmouth to Falmouth, A good indirect, 3 hr layover on the out and 1 on the in is actually by several hours the quickest total journey time.

I will be flexible as far as poss on dates.

I have only in recent years been able to vacation in Easter or Summer school hols and have never paid more than £575 for US flights. (California direct)

As said before, flexibility is very much the key. Flights are for us, the biggest investment in our US vacation and therefore we buy them first before fitting everything else around them. Next year it is Boston, NY, Dayton, Florida. I won't buy a single thing until the flights are in the bag.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:48 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Leeds schools are the same, first two weeks in April for Easter holidays next year. Aer Lingus have some good prices if you don't mind going via Dublin. Did this last year and the routing is fine, clear customs in Dublin so straight out of Orlando Airport when you arrive.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

The best price for us was around a week after release, keep checking!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
Leeds schools are the same, first two weeks in April for Easter holidays next year.
Some schools in Leeds have changed their dates due to teachers having completely different holidays to their children if they are in schools in Kirklees etc and also it impacts GCSE revision in secondary schools.

But letters have gone out already to advise parents of this change. They are more in keeping with the actual Easter bank holiday rather than the Leeds standard of the first 2 weeks in April no matter when Easter falls.

I would opt for the BA Dublin route, we are going Man-Dub-Mco, clear immigration and customs in Dublin and waltz out Orlando International after landing and collecting cases.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi just checking as I work within school also. We were looking to book new york for my 40th flying out 31st March. Even went as far as pricing up online then visiting virgin travel agent to see if they would price match. However looking online at our term dates we don't break up until the 5th April!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
just checked google.co.uk/flights. you can see the cheapest flights at the mo for your dates, there near to your £700 pp mark for indirect flights