Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Need lots of FP+ advice - e.g. is Navi river worth it,and alien saucers...

Right! I really need some opinions. We have been to Disneyland and our favourite rides were ToT and Space Mountain (with Thunder Mountain following after). Cars was good, but could live without it. We also loved the Frozen musical.

60 day FP+ for WDW opens tomorrow. I am trying to decide:

1) We will aim for Slinky on day 10. We will also try to get TSM, BUT for the third day, I'm thinking Slinky again, rather than the Saucers ride. I'm thinking we can live without the Flying Saucers, if it is a choice between that and a rollercoaster? Any thoughts?

2) Should we FP+ The lion king and Finding nemo and AK, or try and pick those up on the day, and Beauty and the Beast at HS (or try and get it on the day)? I'm thinking that we should just ride Expedition Everest a few more times on FP+ because that would be harder to get. Is that right?

3) Star tours in Disneyland made me feel a bit sick. Are there other rides that I should avoid?

Thanks!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywizard
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I would get a FP+ for seven Dwarf Mine train as it’s still fairly new and has big ques most of the time I have been, if you like big thunder it’s very similar.
I would also skip the Saucers as to me it’s not really a bigge lol.

I don’t think there is any rides you should avoid as I love them all and you have to try them all or you will never know.
disneywizard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

2) We like to FP the shows; Nemo & Lion King. It takes the stress out of getting in line early and getting reasonable seats.

EE was extremely busy for us end of last year (Sep/Oct). Never seen it so busy. Hour+ long queues and one time we had to jump out of the queue or risk missing RoL.

3) Star Tours can be icky because of motion sickness with simulation. I can't think of anything similar except Flight of Passage at AK, but you really have to try that ride it's incredible.

Also those circular screens at Epcot can cause motion sickness at times.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our choices for each park are:

MK - 7DMT, Big Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain. We book them mid morning so we can’t FP other rides after we’ve used them.

DHS - this year we’ll FP the slinky coaster, Star Tours and probably Rock n Roller Coaster. We’ll try and get TSM as a 4th or ride it during EMH.

AK - if it’s morning the FoP, EE & Dinosaur with safari at rope drop. If evening we’ll swap Dinosaur for the safari to get a twilight slot.

Epcot - normally single rider TT, FP Soarin’, Mission: Space & Spaceship Earth.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
Right! I really need some opinions. We have been to Disneyland and our favourite rides were ToT and Space Mountain (with Thunder Mountain following after). Cars was good, but could live without it. We also loved the Frozen musical.

60 day FP+ for WDW opens tomorrow. I am trying to decide:

1) We will aim for Slinky on day 10. We will also try to get TSM, BUT for the third day, I'm thinking Slinky again, rather than the Saucers ride. I'm thinking we can live without the Flying Saucers, if it is a choice between that and a rollercoaster? Any thoughts?
This is our plan too - if it is anything like mad hatter teacups it will make me feel queasy anyway! Very happy to skip.
2) Should we FP+ The lion king and Finding nemo and AK, or try and pick those up on the day, and Beauty and the Beast at HS (or try and get it on the day)? I'm thinking that we should just ride Expedition Everest a few more times on FP+ because that would be harder to get. Is that right?
We never bother with FPs for shows - show up 15 mins early if we can but we've got into Lion King as it was starting. But note you can't get more than one FP for the same attraction at a time (unless you have the special club level version) so if you have Pandora and EE that leaves one - we would do Dinosaur or Safari. (Kali is too short and gets you too wet for us to bother with!)
3) Star tours in Disneyland made me feel a bit sick. Are there other rides that I should avoid?
Thanks!
Me too. Flight of passage also made me slightly nauseous but I could still appreciate it. Avoid mission space either colour! That's it for Disney but at universal I also struggle with Simpsons (never again), Spider-Man and transformers (will ride but don't enjoy) and Harry Potter Forbidden Journey (which I love but feel really ill on!).

Hope that helps!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I wouldn't fast pass Navi, waste of a fast pass, wouldn't queue either lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Oh, some great suggestions. I will change some of my Kwai FPs. i was worried Primeval would make me wet and would leave me feeling sick. I put my current itinerary up - but I will take out some Kwai. We quite like a bit of wet (I'm assuming it will be warm enough to dry off, although perhaps with the humidity in July that isn't actually true!), but I will change some of them.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh, some great suggestions. I will change some of my Kwai FPs. i was worried Primeval would make me wet and would leave me feeling sick. I put my current itinerary up - but I will take out some Kwai. We quite like a bit of wet (I'm assuming it will be warm enough to dry off, although perhaps with the humidity in July that isn't actually true!), but I will change some of them.
Primeval whirl doesn’t get you wet but it does throw you around a lot. Kali river rapids is the water ride in AK.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd skip Primeval too, it's supposed to be just a glorified fairground ride, very spinny and jerky. We've never bothered with it.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm not sure how many times you'd want to ride Slinky. It's designed to be a kid friendly coaster. Even looks slow in testing, might build up a bit of speed once fully weighted but otherwise quite tame. I'd still go on that twice over SS though, the latter is a rethemed Maters if you saw that one in Cars Land when you were at DCA.

I'd FP a show IF I had a slot free (e.g. there's not a lot to FP at HS if you're going multiple times) but otherwise wouldn't bother. One exception might be Fantasmic now that it's no longer a T1 pass, since over half the theatre is reserved for dining packages and FP leaving a relatively small standby section.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List