Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolabelle
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Here now. Rebooking for next year.

We are currently in Florida onto the last of our four weeks here. Whilst the weather was lovely the first two weeks the past week or so has been non stop rain and has really put a bit of dampener on our holiday. I of course expect rain, it’s florida! But the past week or so it’s been like being back in Scotland. We want to rebook for next year but are now considering sept/Oct. I appreciate this is hurricane season but would you recommend this time
Of year or May again?

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Lolabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

We always go October / November / December time and weather has always been lovely and dry. Only had frosts once in all the years I’ve been going.
I have been March /April /May time but found more chance of cooler and wetter weather. 😊👍
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Agree, only had 1 frost myself too one year in December
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

I'd be more inclined with October. The last September we were there was incredibly hot and humid.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mid October😆
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve been in early April and it was much cooler/less humid but rained longer than when we usually go in either mid June or early July.
I’m okay with the hour long rain from the heavens every other day or so in summer coz you know it will soon be hot hot sun
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

You take your chances, we’ve been 4 times in July/August but the most rain we’ve ever had was when we went in October, apparently when it’s supposed to be drier (all I kept hearing was it’s really unusual at this time of year), it was only for a few days but it was constant and torrential and we were drowned in seconds. So whenever you go you could get awful weather. Out of sept or Oct I’d personally choose September as at least it’s quieter, even if it does rain.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The official end of the rainy season is usually Mid October - I would therefore recommend that time.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I used to get hung up on the best time to visit weather wise and then we still ended up with rain or worse still (for me anyway) prolonged cold spells. People can recommend a time of year to visit but the weather could be different to the norm and you still end up with the conditions you were trying to avoid so these days we base our stay on things like crowds, school holidays and events that might be taking place throughout the year that we haven’t yet attended.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would say you’d have to go winter to get it dry. I would avoid September certainly. We were caught up in Irma last year. Although bizarrely it was our driest September ever. November isn’t bad but can be a bit cooler.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List