Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have never upgraded but were going to on our next trip as we have plenty of miles, but all the seats had gone for the outbound and we wouldn't consider the return, why pay extra and be asleep and miss the experience
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
Outbound to enjoy the experience more. On the way home everyone is trying to sleep so less of an experience to enjoy.
I agree. On the way home, you are likely to drift in and out of sleep and you can’t fully enjoy the experience. Also, you get through immigration quicker in Orlando on the outbound flight, whereas I’m not that bothered about that when arriving home!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Out bound for us too...
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Homeward bound for us for extra luggage allowance, I managed to upgrade coming home on our next trip for just £100 each, DH has to pay £120 to take his golf clubs so by using his clubs as one of his pieces of luggage we can save that £120 therefore our upgrade has cost us just £80 for the 2 of us.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mestew87
Excited about Disney

the return (homeward) leg of the journey would be my preference to upgrade, flying there your all excited and the removes the thought of the flight from your mind, coming home you will be on a downer due to holiday ending and due to the time zone crossing being able to sleep will help you adjust your body clock
mestew87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Home with the hope of having a more comfortable sleep
Old 22 May 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Outbound for me especially if it's business class. I did Aer Lingus business class outbound last year and it would have been a shame to miss the full experience on a night flight when they rush the dinner service and then darken the cabin. Then again, I don't sleep on the return anyway and always try to fly home on a Saturday so I can get some sleep on Sunday and I don't buy much these days so if you plan to bring home a lot of stuff or you think you would sleep for a few hours then the return would work.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I would opt for both outward and inward flights 😂😂😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Would be on the way home for me

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
I agree. On the way home, you are likely to drift in and out of sleep and you can’t fully enjoy the experience. Also, you get through immigration quicker in Orlando on the outbound flight, whereas I’m not that bothered about that when arriving home!
Depends on what you want to get out of the upgrade, whether the improved food and drinks on tap, additional comfort etc. or whether you want to relax / sleep. + the additional luggage allowance for return leg etc.

I've been fortunate to enjoy both aspects, recently flew UC back from New York following a business trip and slept the entire way back (apart from the air-hostess waking me to ask if I wanted breakfast ) so that was a god-send after a busy working week.

But the outbound was also very enjoyable, nice and chilled atmosphere (only 10 seats in UC), much better food, great selection of drinks (and as much as you wanted, if that's your thing) plus pick-up from home to the airport and also onward limo from airport to hotel (although had the same for return journey).

Luggage allowance didn't matter as I was flying alone, but would be ideal if coming back from Orlando with extra goodies

So for the OP, I guess it's which you'd rather have. If you're driving a distance when you land back in the UK, the upgraded return may be worth considering if you're likely to sleep on the flight.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List