Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dave2017
I want to go now!

Mobile Mobile Data

Arrived yesterday and having issues using mobile data. I have an EE max plan that means I should be able to use my plan data while in the US. Roaming is turned on however despite my phone showing as being connected to 4g I cannot load a web page, run an app or view maps so am currently relying on Wi-fi.

Anyone else experienced similar or have any ideas?!?
Dave2017 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

have you tried going into your settings on your phone and switching 4g off? It might help (my niece did this on her and my daughter's iphones on our last trip to Orlando).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Just make 100% sure overseas data (outside the EU) is included in your mobile price plan. I inadvertently left mobile data roaming ON on the iPhone and ran up a £25 bill from landing to arriving at our resort on South I-Drive (under an hour as immigration was a breeze). I had App update over mobile data switched off too, so this was just the phone talking to the network & downloading 8hrs worth of emails that arrived during the flight.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

you used to have to send a message to ee saying that you wanted to use your phone abroad before you went once done you don't have to do it for every trip it remains on your account. max plan worked fine for me last year it can be slow as it can be in the uk sometimes if you are not near a phone ariel or in busy areas where lots of people are using the phone signals
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Believe EE Max includes overseas so in theory OP shouldn't have a problem
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

Check if your plan lets you use your phone abroad.
Check if your device is set up to use abroad – just text ROAMING to 150.
Turn on data roaming in your device settings.
Make sure your bill's paid up to date or you've got credit.
this is on ee web page
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
Is the phone connecting to T-Mobile?
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Check your settings in MyEE, there is a bit, going away? Check you are ready. It could be that your plan includes this but you haven’t been set up to use abroad, I don’t think it is automatic. I’ve used EE in USA a few times with no problems, probably just needing a wee tweak in your settings
familybell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
heedtheba
Trying for More Ears

Ee max plan

I had the same issue last year , there is difference versions of the max plan , yours may only cover Europe , I had to upgrade to another level , or you may have used all your data up already, calls may be getting charged if your not on the full package... contract ee
heedtheba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Double check your plan and even if it does include ROW roaming you have to ask your network to lift the roaming bar as they apply them automatically to avoid bill shock

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List