Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

some people don't have credit cards and even people who have credit cards budget for this too.
I will use my Halifax clarity card but I will still budget so I know I can pay it off straight away and not get charged interest.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mestew87 View Post
I dont have any children (yet) so when we go on holiday I make sure money is there to do what ever we want to do without thinking
Wow! So the $1000 per day was correct, that equates to almost 10k spending money for a 2 week holiday! Mind you, I could probably spend that if able to
Old 21 May 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chloeoeysmum View Post
Wow! So the $1000 per day was correct, that equates to almost 10k spending money for a 2 week holiday! Mind you, I could probably spend that if able to
$1000 a day! I'm in the wrong job!

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
$1000! My God. My Wife wont buy American clothes and I will only buy Ralph Lauren Polos if they are offer. I doubt we have spent $1000 on shopping in the last 10 years and we are there 3 or 4 times a year.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mestew87 View Post
I dont have any children (yet) so when we go on holiday I make sure money is there to do what ever we want to do without thinking
I don't have children yet and wont, ever. But I cannot for life of me think what I would need to spend $1000 on every day in Orlando!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

On our last visit in 2016 we took $180 a day, we are a family of four with two teenagers (14 and 16 at the time) It was plenty. We did have credit cards for shopping spends.

This time we are planning $300 a day, I know we wont use that daily so we will keep it for shopping.
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had $200 a day for 4 of us I n 2016. (The exchange rate was more favourable then though) Thus was mainly food, snacks drinks etc. I am not interested in shopping at home so I don’t want to shop on holiday. There is only so much “stuff” you need. I do have to give in a little bit as my teens had about $400 of their own money and bought iPads.

$1000 a day shopping. What would the bill at customs be on that ?

Edited at 02:28 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies!
I will be taking my credit card but I want to know I’ve saved up enough so I can pay it off quickly haha! Also like to have cash it feels more like spending money (I feel guilty putting it on card it’s as if I’m spending my actual money not holiday money lol).
I think we’ll aim for between $100-$200 a day for everything.

Wish I could afford $1000 a day! Wow very jealous
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
I never really understand these posts. Can't you buy most of this stuff on credit card? Then no need to work out how much you'll need ahead of time.
Firstly not everyone wants or has a Credit Card secondly not everyone wants to spend the next few months paying interest as they pay off what they’ve spent.

We have always had a CC as an emergency back up not as a means to spend money at will, it’s also called budgeting
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don't forget can get free iced water at most places. Don't need to spend money on bottled drinks. This was a life saver as so hot.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List