Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Swop May for March? Opinions...

We are booked to go next May from the 1st to the 15th. Have been following the weather for the past two weeks and I had no idea that May was so wet! It was recommended to us as a better time of year to go crowds wise but I'm worried that if we get weather like they are currently having (i.e. all day persistent rain) that it will spoil our enjoyment of the trip some as we wanted to put some beach days in there as well as the parks.

I know it will cost us to make changes but would you consider swopping for March or April? With Easter being late next year would early March be quieter? Or bring our trip forward by just a week to avoid spring break and be that bit further away from the wet season starting?
Tink0602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

March and May have very similar average precipitation, actually slightly higher in March but the equal probability of rain on any one day (each have 11 rainy days per month).

In my experience, having been a few times in may, it has not rained that regularly, maybe two wet days out of 12-14.

So no, I would not change.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I was there till the 12th of May last year and had only one 2 hour bit of rain and that was it. We’ve also been May 2011/2013 with hardly any rain.
It can happen at any time but we’re going again next May and hoping our luck continues!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Dont change! We got back yesterday but were also there in March this year.
March was cold and to us unpleasant as we like sun.
This last week in Florida has been very unusual but of course none of us can predict weather.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We went the first 2 weeks in May last year and had a very small amount of rain, I remember the news saying there had been a draught for about one month prior to our arrival. We are also booking again for May next year so the reports for all of the rain has certainly not put us off 🙂
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think it's genuinely hit and miss. I would always have a preference for May because it's ever so slightly hotter, and there are more hours of sunshine.

No matter when you go to FL, there's always going to be a risk of rain. If it were me, I'd stick with May. The two weeks you've booked to go is literally my favourite time of year to go.

ETA: It rained every day when we went in July 2014 and every day for the third week of our honeymoon and we still had an amazing time.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

We've always gone in May and rarely seen rain, apart from a couple of thunderstorms at night. I would opt for May.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks for the replies guys! I am obviously way over thinking the whole thing

I would hate to have days of endless rain like they are having at the moment - I dont mind a shower that clears or an afternoon of it here and there as I know that's usual for a sub tropical climate, but from what I have seen its way worse than that at the mo!
Tink0602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I wouldn't change just based on this years weather.

We went last 2 weeks of May in 2015 and 2017 and going 2019 too. both years the maximum amount of rain we had lasted about an hour, maybe twice over the whole 2 weeks.

Whats happening at the moment I would say is rather odd for this time of year, and im hoping that it doesn't repeat the oddness next year
Mjordan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink0602 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys! I am obviously way over thinking the whole thing

I would hate to have days of endless rain like they are having at the moment - I dont mind a shower that clears or an afternoon of it here and there as I know that's usual for a sub tropical climate, but from what I have seen its way worse than that at the mo!
Where are you flying from? We are about to book for 1st - 15th May too, just noticed your dates! 😁
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List