Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hannah88811 View Post
Where are you flying from? We are about to book for 1st - 15th May too, just noticed your dates! 😁
Manchester! Staying at POR. How about you? ☺️
Tink0602 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d stick with May, March can get busy with the spring break crowds. We went last May for the last two weeks and it was lovely! Only had two occasions of rain and one started around 7pm and the other was only for an hour or so. Queues and crowds were good too!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

We always go in May too, normally 1st two weeks and weather normally fantastic part from the odd shower, this year there was but of rain last few days - more than normally see but didnt stop us from doing everything we wanted, no one can predict the weather and it wil not stop me from booking for next May as soon as I see good price
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602

Mobile

I’ve seen pictures of magic kingdom flash flooded this week it looked horrendous 😮
Old 21 May 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Anfield Red
Excited about Disney

just got back and the weather was not good for May as we have been many times in May and only had the odd spell of rain but this time it was forecast for the whole of our second week!.There were times when the sun was out for most of the day but then it would pour down like a tropical storm and it was not nice driving as had a job to see the car in front.
We have booked the same weeks next year as i am sure this was a one off occurrence as we had not had this much rain on our previous trips in May so stick with your may booking
April 2006 Villa Weston Hills DIY
Oct 2011 Villa Glenbrook Resort TCD
May 2014,2016,2018,2019,2020 Heron Villa Orange Tree

/B]
Anfield Red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tink0602 View Post
Manchester! Staying at POR. How about you? ☺️
Gatwick same dates POR
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I prefer March weather wise (but because it's colder, not drier) but you really do have to plan it carefully around spring break crowds. Usually only the first week is on the quieter side, tends to be very busy for the rest of the month.

As pretty much everyone has said, the weather is pretty unusual for May so I wouldn't let the past couple of weeks put you off. Usually the wet season doesn't arrive until June.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Gatwick same dates POR
See you round the Ole Man Island pool 😂 come rain or shine 😂
Old 21 May 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink0602

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I prefer March weather wise (but because it's colder, not drier) but you really do have to plan it carefully around spring break crowds. Usually only the first week is on the quieter side, tends to be very busy for the rest of the month.

As pretty much everyone has said, the weather is pretty unusual for May so I wouldn't let the past couple of weeks put you off. Usually the wet season doesn't arrive until June.
It being slightly colder really doesn’t bother me, I’m happy as long as it’s dry (in the main at least!) I totally take your point that it might be very busy tho. Swings and roundabouts I suppose!
Old 21 May 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink0602 View Post
It being slightly colder really doesn’t bother me, I’m happy as long as it’s dry (in the main at least!) I totally take your point that it might be very busy tho. Swings and roundabouts I suppose!
If you want dry, winter is your friend. I think November is statistically the driest month, but December and January aren't far behind. For dry and warm, April is best although it's tough to balance with the crowds with Easter in the middle of the month next year. End of the month should be on the quieter side though.

January is my personal favourite. Dry and cold, for Florida at least. Perfect park touring conditions. But I'm settling for late Feb/early March because I really want to go to F&G - don't care about the food side, but LOVE seeing Epcot in bloom. And I'm not really an Epcot fan, so that's saying something!

Edited at 08:44 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List