Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 14, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
summersmum
Serious Dibber

Mobile 'Free' Thomson car hire

Weve booked a package including car hire as it was cheaper than flight only. But am I right in thinking that there will be ridiculous amounts of extras to pay? I just thought Id check with you experts before I book elsewhere (Alamo SUV 7 seater 2 weeks £315)
Thanks

summersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

weve also booked with Thomson. we did pay the extra £300 car insurance. I would rather pay it at this end than out of my holiday money. its not just Thomson btw
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

we book our flights with Thomson every year but i will not get the hire car from them--but if its a package holiday you are kind of stuck with it

we book flights and turn down the hire car and book it with uscarhire/ it saves us a fortune
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival

Edited at 04:26 PM.
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
misty88
Proud to wear my Ears

You don't actually have to take the car. We had it as part of the package earlier this year and just said we weren't going to pay the insurance as we didn't need the car. The TA said that wasn't a problem.
misty88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We were offered a smart car when we arrived (we are a family of 4 with luggage to match!) it had said ford focus or similar when we booked. We upgraded to a Chevrolet Traverse at a cost of £360, so certainly not free and definitely worth looking elsewhere before you go, I tried telling DH this numerous times but he wouldn't accept it.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Old 21 Jun 14, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Some book the TAs package but just do not pay for the insurance and do not collect the car as it can be cheaper to book a car elsewhere (while in the UK) -have a look at the Dibb advertisers and why not get a free quote and compare?
Try sites such as Brits/alamo; usrentacar
Old 26 Oct 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PhilUK
slightly serious Dibber

PhilUK's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We just booked a package with Thomson and it was free for the carhire and we get a Standard SUV (UK equivalent: Vauxhall Frontera) plus you need to pay the £518 for the Fully-inclusive insurance. (I would not use a car without it) Or upgrade to a Fully Inclusive Minivan +£546.0 which was a Dodge Caravan

So what we did in the end was book directly with Alamo for a Dodge Grand Caravan for £371 with a £30 cashback via Quidco. which includes all the insurance you need.

Because Thomson does not give a discount if you refuse the car, I wont cancel it. Ill let them pay out for it
PhilUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread