Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Jul 14, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
Hi I had the same problem could not find thomson on the flights. Do you have the new photo card licence as they are only valid for 10 years at a time could be why you are having a problem also the driving license number starts with some initials from your surname and then some numbers hope this helps 😀
I'm having exactly these two probs. I'm flying Thomas cook and also won't let me put my licence exp date in

Anyone any suggestions ? We can't surely be the only two people with this problem.

(Hoping this has also bumped the thread again)

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Thanks to the op , Great thread. Lovely dibbers ( as always ) gave me an idea - which was to hire a car at disney and pick it up at the daycare , then drop it back at the airport . Sounds like a perfect plan but what I find confusing is whether or not there is enough insurance cover on the quote - ie the price it says is what I'll pay.
Can anyone advise ? - thank u xx
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

I asked my hubby about this. He says he just uses whatever the number goes up to. So if your drives lic. expires in 2050 and the option only goes to say 2045...he just clicks on the highest number the have and never been a problem.

Mrs. Dee... Who did you book with andnwhich car company is it? It should say which insurances are included in the rate. It should say insurances, taxes etc. included... And thank you...like I said. Hope it helps some people.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
No you can't I'm afraid.

The system is different at Sanford from MCO as there is no 'garage' as such. You go to the desk, where there is rarely a long queue like the MCO one. Your Save time code will speed things up as the clerk produces your paperwork. Then you can exit to the parking lot and choose your car from the appropriate row and drive to the exit gate.

There are a couple of recent detailed threads on this so it's best to use the Forum search (top right corner) if you need to find out more.
Hi thanks for that booked with Alamo 4 times and always gone into sanford but never used the save time option so handy to know what I need to do thanks very much 😀
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

[QUOTE=
Mrs. Dee... Who did you book with andnwhich car company is it? It should say which insurances are included in the rate. It should say insurances, taxes etc. included... And thank you...like I said. Hope it helps some people.[/QUOTE]

Oh I haven't booked yet just priced it and it only gave me one option, although maybe after I book it it would give me others , it was Alamo
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

[B]
Originally Posted by nordictat2girl;9878037I asked my hubby about this. He says he just uses whatever the number goes up to. So if your drives lic. expires in 2050 and the option only goes to say 2045...he just clicks on the highest number the have and never been a problem :smile:[/B
Mrs. Dee... Who did you book with andnwhich car company is it? It should say which insurances are included in the rate. It should say insurances, taxes etc. included... And thank you...like I said. Hope it helps some people.
Thanks for this. And thank you for this super duper informative thread

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Oh I haven't booked yet just priced it and it only gave me one option, although maybe after I book it it would give me others , it was Alamo
Ahhh ok. well when you get quotes for car hire...just look for What's included somewhere on the result page. Most cases all the insurances and taxes are included so the only thing you have to worry about is if you want to prepay fuel or return the car full.

Lickerofthetoe (funny name lol) You're welcome and thank you
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Updated the *Tips* section with a few more tips and links
Old 27 Jul 14, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Your compact car boot photos are great if you get a reasonable sized car but you could get a Chevy Spark (its a compact on Hertz) or a Fiat 500...
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi we booked with Alamo Brits just wondered how much the deposit is that they hold on your card 😀
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List