Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 14, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

$2.97 a gallon to prepay fuel

Seems cheap !

That's with Alomo Brits , $53 in total.

Should I just add it and then I don't need to worry about filling up near Tampa airport on way back?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ANNANBHOY View Post
Seems cheap !

That's with Alomo Brits , $53 in total.

Should I just add it and then I don't need to worry about filling up near Tampa airport on way back?
Is that the full and final cost as sometimes there may be taxes and fee's to add.

Like Gepetto I too return the vehicle with a full tank so I'm not attempting to run it down. We drive up from SW Fla and fill the tank about 19 mile from the airport, picking up a receipt, just in case. Only been asked to produce the receipt once as I guess the visual of seeing a full tank is enough for the person checking the vehicle back in.

At the end of the day it's a personal decision. I discovered it was $18 cheaper to fill the tank of our vehicle than the desk agent quoted whilst trying to persuade us to take every extra under the sun.

ANNANBHOY - you may also be able to sign up to the Alamo fast track service thereby avoiding the desk and heading straight to the garage - other Dibbers will be able to advise.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 14, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

That was adding it to the save time and it says including tax. I'm going to be doing quite a bit of driving when over there

I've added it on, it's not a lot of money really and will save me the hassle of filling up on way to the airport

Everything else is paid for now except this $53.03 inc tax, sounds like a good deal. Will see what happens
Old 29 Oct 14, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

it says to pay it when collecting car. I'm guessing the man at the barrier will charge it to my car when I leave ? Will just make sure it's for that amount and nothing more
Old 29 Oct 14, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

It will come off your credit card that you show at the barrier. When you return the car the cost will show on the slip that you get from the guy who checks your car. The money is not debited until after the car is returned.
Old 29 Oct 14, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

It says to be paid upon collection ?

Doesn't matter I suppose, needs to be paid sometime
Old 29 Oct 14, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

It gives you the chance to query any mistakes on your bill. I had to do this once and as well as getting a refund got a double upgrade on my next hire.

If you use the plate pass for the tolls you don't get the bill for about a month.
Old 29 Oct 14, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Nice one, thanks for all the help
Old 29 Oct 14, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Use the Wawa five minutes from the airport to fill up and get some cracking cheap subs made up while you're there to fill up your belly while waiting for the plane.
Old 30 Oct 14, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have just got back and gas was $2.99 a gallon when we got there and dropped to $2.87 a gallon when we left. We had a prepaid tank of gas and filled up twice - the gas station at Disney was the cheapest we found too :/
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread