Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Dec 16, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Help! I dont know what Im doing! :)

Ok so I just had a thought and I have no idea if Im right or wrong or if you can even do what Im thinking?

So if we go to Florida for 2 weeks and we want to go to Disney & Universal, do we have to buy tickets for each for our whole trip?
I dont want to buy 14 day tickets for 2 parks and I wont spend 14 days in them?

We havnt been before so I literally have no idea what Im doing ...
Whats the best way to buy your park tickets?

Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lakeela View Post
Ok so I just had a thought and I have no idea if Im right or wrong or if you can even do what Im thinking?

So if we go to Florida for 2 weeks and we want to go to Disney & Universal, do we have to buy tickets for each for our whole trip?
I dont want to buy 14 day tickets for 2 parks and I wont spend 14 days in them?

We havnt been before so I literally have no idea what Im doing ...
Whats the best way to buy your park tickets?

Thanks!
It all depends on how many days you want to spend at Disney and Universal. There are 4 Disney theme parks plus 2 Disney water parks. 2 Universal parks, plus the Universal Volcano Bay water park opens in June 2017.

You can buy Magic Your Way Tickets for the number of days you want to spend at Disney, but sometimes it works out cheaper to buy the Disney 14 day Ultimate ticket. The same with Universal, there are tickets for the number of days you want spend there, but again it can work out cheaper to buy the Universal 2 or 3 Park Explorer ticket.

I have given some links below just for you to see the different options and to read the ticket details, also you can compare prices. To be honest if you were looking at the Disney 4 Day Magic Your Way Ticket you might as well buy the 14 Day Ultimate Ticket.

Disney Magic Your Way Tickets.

orlandoattractions/t...sney-Worldwide

Disney 14 Day Ultimate Ticket.

floridaescapes/spe...lability-offer

Universal Base and Park to Park tickets.

orlandoattractions/t...ldwide-Tickets

Universal 2 and 3 Park Explorer ticket.

floridaescapes/spe...rer-2017-offer

floridaescapes/spe...1st-june-offer

The 3 Park Explorer ticket is only valid from 1st June 2017.

When you have some idea of what you want, we can try and help you

Edited at 12:07 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks so much for that!
I'll have a look at it all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Just to add to the above, the 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets give you unlimited access to all of the Disney theme and water parks for 14 consecutive days. They also allow you to "park hop" i.e. visit two different theme parks on the same day. You will usually find that the 7 day Ultimate (7 days admission over a 14 day period) is the same price as the 14 day, hence the advice that the 14 day would be a better deal.

The Magic Your Way (MYW) tickets start off with a base ticket for a certain number of admissions over a 14 day period to the theme parks only (i.e. Magic Kindgon, EPCOT, Anumal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios). If you want to visit the water parks, it is around $65 extra to get the same number of water park admissions as you have theme park admissions. To add Park Hopping is also an additional $65.

As also mentioned above, the 4 day base ticket (limits you to 4 visits over 14 days, no water parks or park hopping) is around £280, whereas the 14 day Ultimates (unlimited access to all parks over the 14 days) are showing at £297 with Orlando Attractions.

Similarly at Universal, the 3 day park to park (allowing access to both US and IoA on the same day) is around the same price as the 14 day ticket available to UK residents, and you will need park to park access if you are planning on riding the Hogwarts Express.

Personally, we always get the 14 day Disney Ultimates even though we don't visit Disney every day, but the flexibility allows you to say have a morning/afternoon at a Water Park, then visit one of the theme parks later for the fireworks, or to spend the morning/afternoon shopping (very rarely in my case) and again followed by an evening park visit.

The problem is that once you start to visit more than one of the "groups" of parks, it becomes significantly more expensive.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lakeela View Post
Thanks so much for that!
I'll have a look at it all.
You're welcome.

If you have any more questions just ask, and we'll try and help.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
flame1969
Getting Excited

Same here... we've always bought the 14 day tickets just to give us the freedom of coming and going as we please. We love the fireworks and parades so if we've had a relaxing day well quite often head to see them in the evening.