Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Mar 21, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
There is no mask mandate in Florida, but obviously some businesses have made thier own rules. Im sure there are plenty restaurants outside of Disney that don't require masks while sitting down until the magic time your food arrives and Covid goes into hiding until your finished.
There may not be a mask mandate in Florida but there is in Orange and Osceola Counties where Disney and Universal are located. I was in the Kobe near Universal last night and watched the hostess refuse to allow a family enter without masks.

In the neighboring counties, most of the chain restaurants and shops have mask rules anyway. I was in an independent antique mall in Polk County yesterday and at least 75% of staff and shoppers were wearing masks without there even being a request on the door.
Old 1 Mar 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I wonder if pool rules are changing too?
You’re still not allowed to wee in the pool.

Hope this helps.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Hope this helps.
, great answer
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Hope this helps.
Even if you have a mask on
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It needs some clarity. If this is to be taken literally it means unhooking the mask every time you take a sip or a bite then back on while chewing.
If we are really taking this literally, then chewing = actively eating. Therefore you don't need the mask on whilst chewing.

So, for most of us, as soon as you start eating a plate of food then you can keep the mask off until you've finished that plate of food (I don't usually stop half way through). So, taking it literally, the mask would only go back on between courses.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If we are really taking this literally, then chewing = actively eating. Therefore you don't need the mask on whilst chewing.

So, for most of us, as soon as you start eating a plate of food then you can keep the mask off until you've finished that plate of food (I don't usually stop half way through). So, taking it literally, the mask would only go back on between courses.
Maybe but we’ve already clarified that it’s not what it means anyway so probably no need to be so pedantic now.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Maybe but we’ve already clarified that it’s not what it means anyway so probably no need to be so pedantic now.
Yes, I've now seen this has been clarified more.

Although I don't think stating that chewing and swallowing is part of eating is being pedantic. Stating the obvious probably. Maybe being a bit sarcastic. But I wasn't being pedantic.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Really wouldnt bother me at all, I wear a mask for over 9 hours a day currently. It has become second nature now and ill probably feel weird without it when we start living without them. Not sure why people are moaning about it.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List