Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 27 Feb 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
So was that thread back along from the woman whose colleague lied and was blaming her for something at work fake too? I got rumblings on there that people didn’t believe her story (I think her username was frozen something or other), but I couldn’t work out why?

I think I’m far too trusting! I just can’t see what people get out of posting made up stuff? Weird! 😂
Yeah I was initially taken in by that one until Dibb’s resident troll hunter warned me This latest one I was very sceptical of from the off, not least you could google the position the poster claimed to be and find out the identity in seconds- I couldn’t believe such a person would put herself up like that unless it was effectively a PR exercise in conjunction with Dibb which it didn’t look like.
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Post early this morning from someone who's best friend was a reality star! First post, clearly fake, taken down quickly, well done admin
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Post early this morning from someone who's best friend was a reality star! First post, clearly fake, taken down quickly, well done admin
That one was just so obvious wasn't it? 😂
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Hahaha, at least they’re getting more glamourous. They’ve gone from a HR problem, to being a PR guru to a reality stars best friend. Maybe next time it’ll be an A lister, embargoed sex story which is about to go viral and needs legal advice. We can really get our teeth into that. 🤣If it wasn’t so sad that someone only has this in their life, it would be funny.

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yeah I was initially taken in by that one until Dibb’s resident troll hunter warned me This latest one I was very sceptical of from the off, not least you could google the position the poster claimed to be and find out the identity in seconds- I couldn’t believe such a person would put herself up like that unless it was effectively a PR exercise in conjunction with Dibb which it didn’t look like.
You talking about me YT 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Oh I’m always missing these ... apart from one years ago who I always thought odd ... always asking advice of where to stay what car to hire etc every year but she never ended up going there was always a drama think she was a dentist or something
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
That one was just so obvious wasn't it? 😂
Please don't say that it was the first one I managed to spot. I was going to break my rule and report it but it was already gone.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
So was that thread back along from the woman whose colleague lied and was blaming her for something at work fake too? I got rumblings on there that people didn’t believe her story (I think her username was frozen something or other), but I couldn’t work out why?

I think I’m far too trusting! I just can’t see what people get out of posting made up stuff? Weird! 😂
I’m sure this was genuine. I seem to remember one of the moderators noting this as people were questioning the authenticity of the op.
I presume she deleted the alias after her meetings.
Tbh none of us know who we are really engaging with on any social media outlet. I wonder if the place would be more honest and safe if people were made to use their real names instead of a persona.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Oh I’m always missing these ... apart from one years ago who I always thought odd ... always asking advice of where to stay what car to hire etc every year but she never ended up going there was always a drama think she was a dentist or something
Yes but I know people like that in real life who are always about to buy a fabulous house, car etc etc. I'm better at spotting it in real life though, I suppose I just can't understand lying to strangers who are generally totally unimpressed.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Always suspicious of first posts when they’re posted on a general thread.. unless it’s a response or introduction... sadly people have nothing better to do.. so much good they could be doing instead spending time irritating others. Psychology damaged imho
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List