Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Camelot Inn & Suites

Has anyone stayed here? we are mid-plan for our July 2021 West Coast & Hawai'i extravaganza and are thinking that this as a good neighbour hotel for DL /DCA may be an acceptable place and then splurge the cash on Aulani.
We can't afford the Grand Cali and Aulani, so just wondered - and if so was it the family room you stayed in and how long did it take to walk into DL? It looks just over the road, but I know it can be deceiving on a map!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t stayed there but it is literally just over the road (with pedestrian crossings)
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

This thread and the one linked in it has lots of useful info

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...errerid=111723

We didn't stay at DL but we went to IHop which is just beside this hotel and it's a stone's throw from the park entrance.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've stayed there. It literally is across the road.
I don't remember the rooms being horrible but i do remember there was lack of parking spaces. The attendants would sell the spaces to people who weren't staying in the hotel at the weekends.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
We've stayed there. It literally is across the road.
I don't remember the rooms being horrible but i do remember there was lack of parking spaces. The attendants would sell the spaces to people who weren't staying in the hotel at the weekends.
OK, this is fab. We probably won't move the car much when we get there - we are starting in SF and driving down via Paso Robles, so the 5 days in Anaheim are basically in DL/DCA before flying to Hawai'i.
It looked across the street, but you can never really tell!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
OK, this is fab. We probably won't move the car much when we get there - we are starting in SF and driving down via Paso Robles, so the 5 days in Anaheim are basically in DL/DCA before flying to Hawai'i.
It looked across the street, but you can never really tell!
I may have said this before so feel free to ignore this!

It’s definitely worth keeping an eye on how Oahu (and the wider Hawaiian islands possibly) is doing before booking flights?

There is a strong sentiment that many businesses won’t reopen and things like luaus / sunset sailings won’t restart for quite some time being (it may all be fine again by next July - I don’t know)

I’m only saying this and you may be completely aware and ok with it - that if you are after the normal once in a lifetime visit it may not deliver that so soon 😢 and there may be a risk that the islands ‘shut’ again if if they rest if the US is open.

They are at least starting to admit US residents from 15 October - with a COVID test taken close to arrival (that will probably change).

Sorry to be a pessimist but probably worth at least being aware and factoring in whether it’s likely / probable / possible?
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We haven’t been before, we should have gone last month but are rearranging for next August. There are several hotels across the road that all seem decent and reasonably priced. At the minute I have the best western Anaheim inn booked but will keep an eye on prices for any of those hotels.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

We stayed there back in 2008 and its location was great, literally across the road from the Disney entrance. It was just very basic but fine and the rooms have been refurbed just last year I think as we considered it for our 2019 trip.

Breakfast was basic and we didnt try the pool as so small but for the price the location is amazing and we got to watch disney fireworks from the communal balcony. So for a Disney parks base and with refurbed rooms I would absolutely consider it again. We had the family room which was spacious for 5 of us.

Only reason we didnt stay last year was it was my 50th Birthday and went to the Disneyland hotel for a treat and at the time there was Galaxys Edge newly opened so we werent sure how crazy it might get!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List