Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

30th and 5th birthday!

Hopefully, I have put this in the correct place.

When we go to Disney it will be my 30th birthday and a few days later it will be our DD's 5th birthday. It will be for four of us, our youngest will be 13 months old so everything needs to be very family friendly.

Do any of you have any where to recommend eating at to make them special? it can be inside Disney or outside Disney. Do you have any other ideas of what we could plan to make them special?

I like the idea of Cinderella's royal table for lunch or dinner and be our guest for breakfast on the other birthday? but i'm just so unsure. This is my first trip to Disney as an adult and I actually had 2 birthdays in Orlando as a child but I have NO idea what I did, all I remember is breakfast in the villa !

Edited at 06:55 PM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Can’t comment on CRT but wherever you book, make sure they know you are celebrating birthdays. You can get badges free from Guest Services.

It doesn’t have to be the actual day.

You may get a card signed by characters, or a cupcake.

Everyone will wish you happy birthday everywhere you go.

I had my 44th birthday in Disney and it was lovely!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Ahh thank you! Both my daughter and I love a fuss on our birthdays... This is the whole reason I decided for us to go to WDW for our birthdays. I am so excited its unreal (She would be too but doesnt know yet that we are going for her 5th birthday!)
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Assuming BOG breakfast reverts to its past format, well it is pretty non descript, it’s very canteen like and the only reason I would book it is if it means pre park opening entry to MK. I would be more inclined to do CRT breakfast and BOG for dinner. Or CRT for lunch / dinner as you mention but then a character breakfast on the other day.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Ahh thank you, that's great help! Have you got any other restaurant recommendations?
Old 23 Feb 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
Ahh thank you, that's great help! Have you got any other restaurant recommendations?
I’d be tempted to try Chef Mickeys for the 5 yr olds birthday breakfast.
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

BIbbidi Bobbidi might be great for your daughter as a treat. are you on site? Disney florists do some rather nice surprises if not the cheapest! You can also get celebration cakes delivered to your room.

Make sure you get your birthday badges, I also had my 30th birthday in Disney and found several characters in parades made a beeline for birthday badges. A lot of cast members will also say happy birthday. When it was my husbands 40th, we had lunch at Crystal Palace; the characters saw the birthday card and cupcake on our table and piglet took our son to lead round the parade which was really special for him.

I had my birthday meal in Cali Grill, partly as we were staying at contemporary anyway. There is a childminding service available at Disney through Kids Nite Out if you want the evening off. One of the restaurants where you can see the fireworks is great, or there’s things like the dessert party /evening dining packages that may be good.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

We are staying offsite but so many good ideas! I will check these places out. Claudette I was actually tempted by Chef Mickeys. I also like the sound of garden grill as apparently it's good for meeting loads of charachters but I wasnt sure if it was special enough or not for a birthday celebration?
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
We are staying offsite but so many good ideas! I will check these places out. Claudette I was actually tempted by Chef Mickeys. I also like the sound of garden grill as apparently it's good for meeting loads of charachters but I wasnt sure if it was special enough or not for a birthday celebration?
Chef Mickeys is the only character meal where you meet all the big five, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. I was thinking that Garden Grill would be a good option too, but didn’t want to recommend it as that is one I have not been too yet. I know Mickey, Chip & Dale are at GG not sure who else.

I have had breakfast at Chef Mickeys, I think GG breakfast looks good. I have found all the character breakfasts to be quite similar in atmosphere, all a bit manic but fun.
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have only done Tusker House and Ohana breakfasts.

Chef Mickeys has a reputation for high prices and mediocre food, but it does have the advantage of being a quick monorail ride from MK.

Tusker House is in AK. It was great fun and I was quite impressed with the food.

Ohana was great if you are a Stitch fan and is likewise on the monorail.

Garden Grill looks great although I haven’t done it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List