Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Easter Virgin cancellations

With foreign travel banned until May I’m not expecting our Virgin flights at Easter from LHR-MCO to go ahead. Does anyone have any idea when they will issue cancellation emails?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

I spoke to someone on phone the other day about the fact Virgin was the only company who were not cancelling holidays before May. I've been told they're only doing them a few weeks before
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I have phoned and because our flight only, but booked through VH not VA, is going before 16th May we are entitled to a refund.
They surprised me. They have said the refund will take 14 days. I’m not confident about that but it’s being processed.
I think it might be three weeks before you are due to fly a cancellation email would be sent.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
I spoke to someone on phone the other day about the fact Virgin was the only company who were not cancelling holidays before May. I've been told they're only doing them a few weeks before
I think they are just hanging on to our money for as long as they can. They will eventually have to cancel all flights before 17 May, maybe even some afterwards, who knows?

It’s a bit disappointing after they had done a bit to rebuild their reputation on refunds recently after last year’s shocking performance. Now they seem to be up to their old tricks. I wonder how precarious their financial situation is?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks - I’ll call them after the weekend as we are flight only as well.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that they are holding money for as long as they possibly can in order to ease their own cash problems.. just like they have since last March.

This need to hold the cash leads me to fear for their long term survival. Eventually they will have to return it.. by which time, they will be hoping to have received further cash for further bookings. Meantime their essential running costs continue, parking, maintenance, retention of currently non producing staff, interest on loans and leases.

Effectively by not returning the money they are using it as an unauthorised interest free loan. Everybody but everybody knows that those flights need to be cancelled.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hi
Still waiting on our March 20th flight to be cancelled 🤯🤯
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Booked UC reward seats on 30th Nov in the '50% less miles' sale for 28th Feb to 26th May, had a cancellation email on the 18th Dec stating our tickets are held as a credit until 31st Dec 2022. It was a gamble booking as we anticipated flight cancellation and got the credit we were aiming for.

Should Virgin go tuts up I'll try a Section 75 claim for the £638pp taxes and fees paid.
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i expect they are doing them in order so that they can hang onto money and ensure that it is fair to those who are waiting.
If it becomes a free for all (again) those patient customers lose out.
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I bought our tickets for April in the sale last November. Thinking back it was too good to be true (UC return for less than £1000) and I should have realised I was just giving them an interest free loan and those flights would never go.

All it has served to do is gum up the works for any future booking because I want to get the money back for these before I start to look elsewhere for later in the year. I don’t think I’ll be darkening Virgin’s door again.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List