Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

10K will be your spending money and your 2023 holiday! 3K 4K, if you are shoppers, would be a generous budget.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
On my 3-4K for a 28 day trip it’s worth noting that if anyone wants anything they have it, it included copious trips for a round of $50 toothsome trips and Milkshakes!

We eat out lots but not in parks, we don’t usually have lunch, have a good breakfast then an evening meal, we take snacks with us.

We also play loads of crazy golf and all that’s included as are trips to the beach, state parks, petrol etc etc.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone really appreciate the replies so far, and the good news is I’m no,longer considering selling one or both kids!

Looks like our budget will go a long way
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We spent $2500 spending money on 2019. We were in a villa, two kids but they were 3&4 so £10k is a massive amount. The total of the whole holiday we had cost £8.5k! We did go for 3 weeks not four though. And we had budgeted about $200 per day. Was pleasantly surprised at home much we spent
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There's so many varying factors that it would be hard to say if it's the right amount for your family or not. We eat out pretty much every meal (including several character meals), use Ubers, shop a little etc and I budget $65 per person per day to cover everything. If we weren't eating out every meal, I could easily half that.
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Lots of variety of advice here and all excellent. Ours is a different holiday nowadays now the two kids have flown the nest. 2019 we took £2,500 for spending in a hotel for food, drink, shows etc for 2 weeks. We each had our own "pot" for any shopping etc.

I guess the advice I'd give - have all you can available to ensure you never want for anything. If you want to suddenly go to Discovery Cove or Busch Gardens - go for it. You'll regret coming home and saying "we could or should have... ".

If there's a show you suddenly see and want to see, go for it.

Orlando should be a holiday of a lifetime as you never know if/when you can go back - look at the past 12 months.

4 weeks? I am SO jealous!
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are a four with boys of 17 and 13 last visit to the USA.

We generally stay in a Villa when in Orlando, make our own breakfasts and pack our own lunches around 4 days out of 5.
We pretty much always eat out in the evening, but other than 1 each trip at Rainforest Disney Springs, never any more in the parks. We average out at around Bahama Breeze/ Longhorn level of eating, Starter, Main and drinks with the odd foray to Wendy’s or GC.
Myself and the kids drink Soda in a restaurant (driving) and the wife may have just one or maybe two cocktails.. or soda.
I guess we have a glass or so each of wine every other night in the Villa.

The only shopping we buy is a Disney Collage photo frame ($40?) A Disney year pin to stick on it ($11?) and a medium size Disney year annotated photo album ($20?).
I will discount Levi’s jeans, RED Ken shampoo and timberland tops as we are making big savings over U.K. prices that we would otherwise be paying.

I reckon that we are below $150 a day, so £3-4 K for a whole month would give excess for Baskin Robins and other treats.

We use our D.C. ultimate a lot (free parking), Only do Universal heavily when staying our night at a top end Universal Hotel for one night at Club Level (free snacks, breakfast and evening snack with Wine and no parking fees as we a Taxi there from the airport and pick up our car from Budget at Holiday Inn as we leave). After that, Universal is always after 6pm and hence, free parking as well as shorter queues.

Disney parking? Other than Disney Springs, I have not visited a Disney park in my last 5 visits.. so nothing. If I did, it would only be the waterparks, so a $99 annual pass and still free parking.

I would therefore with your budget, have around £6k spare towards the next year!

Edited at 10:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

For us we allowed around £1800 for food as a party of 2 adults and 2 children for 2 weeks. We ate out most nights and had breakfast at ihop every day almost!

That was plenty for us. We also had spending money which was around £2200.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SunnySideDown View Post
Having read this thread I think I must be a Scrooge! Even with 3 kids in a villa I never even factor in spending money for a holiday as we spend so little, a couple of big shops maybe 150 dollars each and we make/take sandwiches out with us etc. If we go for two weeks we probably only eat out once or twice max so that's a big saving I suppose.
Yes you can do it very cheaply if you cook in the villa and pack lunches and don't do much shopping. It doesn't have to be an expensive holiday even though in people's minds Florida is massively expensive hence OP getting the idea they'd need 10 grand. A lot of people are put off Florida because of the pervasive idea that you need thousands in spending money.

That said though for many of us the attraction of a holiday is not having to cook and clean. Most of my female friends would rather a week in Skegness where they don't have to cook and clean over a month in Florida where they have to cook and clean in a villa. So for some people eating out and having treats they wouldn't have at home is as important as the destination. But either way you can keep the budget down and don't need break the bank in Florida or even in more expensive US States.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SunnySideDown View Post
Yes I get what you are saying. We are fitness freaks and fussy eaters and I like to prepare my own food and know what I'm eating. I find the food in the parks appalling, crazy expensive and wouldn't eat it if it was free. We book our villas/hotels based on the gyms so I realise we are not the norm.

I agree about the people thinking it's expensive but then they tell me how much they have paid for a UK holiday or Europe holiday. I manage to go 3 times a year and spend around 5k a time all in. I even had one ice cream in Celebration the last time we went as a treat.
We're fitness people too but there is delicious food in the parks if you look for it. We have salmon, salads, roast chicken, sushi, berries etc so it's not all beige stuff. I am the cook, shopper all year so there's not a chance my husband is going to laze around a villa while I cook for a fortnight

I agree I often feel faint when I hear what people pay for European holiday packages through travel agents. We go to the USA twice a year, if my husband learns to cook and fulls his weight he would get to go more often