Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

In Busch gardens many years ago we were there as a group of 10, I was walking along the path minding my own business slightly in front of the rest of our group . A squirrel ran out of the bushes across the path and straight up my leg ! I just stood screaming and stamping my feet. The rest of the group fell about laughing.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

So we had a long ride from Key West to Hollywood Beach and were staying at the Marriot, unfortunately the bikes weren't tripping the car park barrier sensors so had to ring the buzzer, the barrier opened and 2 of us went through, Roy who was on the last bike went for it but the barrier came down and whacked him on the top of his crash helmet and his nose, we really should have helped but were to busy laughing it did get us a discount on the rooms though😁

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I was at pop century my partner went to the pool. I found her and sat on a seat near a table at a couple of chairs near me where a young lady and a gent the lady was in a 2 peace swimsuit she went in the pool my partner came back and we sat and talked I looked across and the young lady seemed to be missing something her top and gone in the pool and she did not notice her boyfriend came out and started talking to her I just bust out laughing my partner asked why so I told her in a low voice she looked across the young lady was still just sitting there. My partner went over and told her she looked down screamed and grabbed a towel and ran off still could not stop laughing.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Not Florida, but...

We were on one of the rather famous trams in San Francisco. The driver was a bit of a self appointed comic and selected my son, Daniel as his ‘victim’ for the ride, pretty much as soon as he stood on the running board.
“What’s your name, son “
Reply “Daniel. I am from England”.
“Daniel from England!”.
He then introduced Dan to everybody on the Tram as “Daniel from England”, everybody we went past at slower speed. At the junctions “Hey folks this is Daniel from England. Say hi to Daniel”.
Poor old Dan. He is rather conservative and you could see that he wanted the ground to swallow him up.
When we reached the Powell turnaround and we got off it was “Thankyou for riding with me, Daniel from England” ... and doubtless he was already eying his next victim for the return ride!

An unsuspecting Daniel from England, waiting for and expecting to enjoy his Tram Ride.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

We were in Florida with my parents who were in their 80s.

We went to Publix in Englewood and Mum hesitated in the doorway.

An old guy on an ECV came right up behind her and said in a gravelly Jersey accent "Lookout lady"

Mum turned round and said in her English accent something like "well I'm very sorry but you ought to be more careful - you nearly ran me over"

Well, that was it - the guy was in love 😄. He followed her round the shop asking where she was from and trying to get her to go out on a date with him.

Fortunately the guy realised he was wasting his time and rolled off.

Dad, DH and I were laughing so much we forgot what we went in for .
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Not Florida but when I was about 10 years old we were on holiday in Spain, I was taking part in some pool activities which were in teams. On of the reps was introducing the teams over a loudspeaker. When he came to say my name GEORGE, he pronounced it GAY OR GE . Of course this set of howls of laughter from my family. As luck would have it we had family friends as well there and some the name stuck for many years even at school. My kids sometimes refer to me as GAY OR GE.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
I must have a sick sense of humour, I'm rolling about here

In fact I've subscribed to this thread - laughter is the best medicine - cheers!
It was so funny. Even now if we see a squirrel he looks at me with sad eyes and says 'remember Steve' and we crack up laughing! Its the fact its not like him at all to get attached like that.

This thread has made me laugh so much as well!
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tre85 View Post
Staying at the Boardwalk in 2018 our 1st floor room had a tree outside. Each morning, or afternoon if we had come back to the room, we had a little squirrel friend in the tree. My OH named him Steve and a lovely bromance ensued between them. Skip to the last day of our stay and we were hanging out by the small quiet pool which our room looked out on when my OH said 'hey look at that bird, its some kind of hawk' he got his phone out and filmed it hopping around on the grass, then it went into the bushes and suddenly flew up into a tree. My OH was watching the video back when he said to me 'oh I don't know what type of bird it is. It seems to have a long tail'. As he slowed the footage down and zoomed in the sudden horror on his face when he realised that it wasn't the birds tail, it was Steve who had just become this birds dinner. He was absolutely gutted and I have never laughed so much in my life. It topped it off when he said 'this is supposed to be bl**dy Disney, you don't need that do you'
I am a sick individual, I have tears of laughter running down my face, I'm so sorry!

We witnessed the circle of life at Downtown Disney in Anaheim in 2019. A really cute little sparrow was hopping about on the ground just in front of us, I turned to DH to draw his attention to it just as a huge hawk swooped down and all that was left was a small, pink smear on the pavement …. I was horrified that "nature" like that happened at Disney!
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I am a sick individual, I have tears of laughter running down my face, I'm so sorry!

We witnessed the circle of life at Downtown Disney in Anaheim in 2019. A really cute little sparrow was hopping about on the ground just in front of us, I turned to DH to draw his attention to it just as a huge hawk swooped down and all that was left was a small, pink smear on the pavement …. I was horrified that "nature" like that happened at Disney!
We once had some, rare bird alight in Cornwall. Twitchers turned up from all over the Country. It made National News when it ended up embedded in the front grill of a car whilst twitchers watched on aghast.
I often wonder if photographing it after the sad end counted as having ‘spotted it’. If it did, then they might as well visit the Natural History museum and photograph all the birds in there.. they even have a Dodo! (Albeit a composite).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
First time in Florida (and the US) we went to Planet Hollywood to eat, our wonderful server almost bounced up to the table and announced with this loud cheery (and slighly camp) American accent ' Hi I'm Randy', we nearly choked laughing. We then tried to 'explain' ourselves by tellling him he was making us happy as in England servers are all grumpy. To this day he is the bench mark for servers yet to be passed
Oh there are tears rolling down my face reading this. I wouldn't have been able to contain myself!
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List