Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I retired from the NHS last October , you have to give a minimum of 3 months notice they recommend 4 months to ensure everything is sorted. I gave 7 months notice so my post could be advertised and filled before I left. Regardless of how long a notice period you give over the 3 months your pensions department can’t submit your paperwork until a specific date ( sorry can’t remember the timeframe presumably the 3 month mark). From then on you receive no information so don’t be alarmed. I would recommend asking your pensions department for a forecast based on your finishing date they can access and print it for you and it’s pretty accurate.

If you do retire and return from an nhs pension perspective atm under the covid changes you only need to have a break of 24 hours - however your trust policy may require longer.
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks for replies, its good to hear of personal experiences first hand. Makes sense now why it takes a while to get sorted out. I went to a pension information day but that was a bit of a sales pitch for a pension company investments, probably aimed at more of drs pension than lowly admin! I have it sort of straight in my head with my figures etc, mine is slightly confused with the 1995 and 2015 scheme.
Just need to ask pensions people if there is a financial difference between taking pension whilst in service or after ive left. Minefield!
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I gave my manager 6 months notice and she told me to get the form in within a month to be absolutely sure the pension would come through. It was my manager that passed the form on, rather than me posting it.

I loved the phased retiral over 3 months. The first month, I picked a Monday so I could have a long weekend, the second month I picked a Friday off and the third month, I barely did a thing.

Edited at 10:00 AM.
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

NHS business services run webinars on various monetary matters. There is a Pre- retirement pension webinar once a month - I am attending it next Thursday 11th March 10 - 11.30. I think it is available to all NHS staff if you wanted to book yourself in.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fissycist View Post
NHS business services run webinars on various monetary matters. There is a Pre- retirement pension webinar once a month - I am attending it next Thursday 11th March 10 - 11.30. I think it is available to all NHS staff if you wanted to book yourself in.
I will look into joining this one- thanks. X
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Do you continue to pay into your pension when you gave applied to retire, ie i will claim mine in april, but it takes several months to actually receive pension, but i will still be working, on reduced hours, will i still contribute to nhs 2015 scheme?
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Do you continue to pay into your pension when you gave applied to retire, ie i will claim mine in april, but it takes several months to actually receive pension, but i will still be working, on reduced hours, will i still contribute to nhs 2015 scheme?
In Scotland you would pay in to the day that you retire. We send away the figures as a provisional amount to the day you retire and then when you have had all pay due to that date we will send finalised figures.
I imagine Englans would be similar.