Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 21, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Oh my word I thought this was just another mouse story till I read it all I would have died, not sure I’ll sleep now !
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m so sorry, that sounds truly horrific!

I started a thread about catching a mouse last year as saw one in the front room and was terrified

One mouse we shooed out the patio door but there was another one

I went out and bought 6 mouse traps, primed them with peanut butter and left them under the furniture against the walls in the front room

I did catch it eventually

If you have had pest control in hopefully your problem will soon be sorted

I was so frightened by it all that the mouse traps are still down, 3 months later as it makes me feel less afraid

Good luck x

Edie
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve had a mouse problem over the last few days. Cleaned everywhere put everything into plastic containers that remotely resembled food Put out mouse poison it just ate it and carried on. Found droppings next to my toaster yesterday so freaked out a bit, went on Amazon and ordered high sensitivity mouse traps which arrived last night. DH put one out with peanut butter in where we had been placing the poison at about 7.30pm and I heard the trap go about 10pm RIP mr mouse. DH put another one out last night just in case and no droppings or anything this morning. Will leave it out a couple of days and continue on dropping/cleaning patrol.

Edited at 09:10 AM.
sunjue100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I would have screamed the placed down too, but could your cat have put it there - as a sort of present?
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

We had them last year just after our cat died ( she was a good mouser)
We got some of the plug in repellers that emit a high pitched sound.
Blocked any small gaps (small enough to fit a pencil through) with wire wool as they can't chew this.
Put mesh over our air bricks.
Also if you have bird seed or food for other animals outside they are attracted to this.
We could hear then under the floor boards and so we also put some traps down under there as well as hot peppermint tea bags as they hate peppermint apparently.
They went quite quickly so I don't think we had many but I couldn't sleep without the light on for a few weeks!
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cismwynn
Very Serious Dibber

and yet we all love Mickey!?!?!?
POFQ - Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014, / OKW - Aug 2012 / Beach Club - Oct 2015, Jul 2017 / Dibb Villa - Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Dec 2009, Dec 2010, Oct 2011, Jul 2013, Jul 2014, Dec 2014, Jul 2015, Aug 2017
cismwynn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Peanut butter is good bait in traps. It's really horrible though. Having it in your bed must have been awful. Hope you manage to get rid of them quickly
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m wondering, if the cat may have brought it up, but she is very old and has no interest in catching them... I was told they climb stairs and I have put cereals etc in plastic containers, so there is no food really for them to get, so maybe this one was just looking for some company... I’m trying to laugh about it otherwise I will make myself so ill. It really is so strange we all love Mickey Mouse and my name is Margaret Mouse.
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I my goodness, I honestly think I would have collapsed When our first cat died, we had a load marching in and until we got this cat, I was a nervous wreck. I wasn’t sleeping or anything. You could hear them inside the walls. I wouldn’t sleep in my room, only in the living room and even then, I couldn’t sleep with the light off. It was terrible. When we finally got this cat, he got rid of them very quickly, but would kill them and put them in my Ugg boots
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, I can feel panic coming over me just reading your post, it must have scared the life out of you.

My logical brain says it’s just a small animal and was probably more scared of you than you were of it but I would have reacted in exactly the same as you did. I hope you can manage to get at least some sleep tonight.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List