UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 17 Jul 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Do you mind me asking where is available ? If you are going around the Morecambe Bay Area the Holgate and Pure Leisure caravan sites are all good. They do have some privately let on Pure Leisure (not sure about Holgates) I have seen some previously on Airbnb, they might be cheaper than going direct. We went to Yealands in Carnforth in April, the caravan was booked direct and we were really happy with it but maybe fully booked now.
We’ve tried pretty much everywhere within a 2-3 hrdrive , so York , harrowgate , Cotswolds , Liverpool , lakes , norfolk , the list is endless. It’s just bad luck that we’ve had to cancel ours and we will still have some leave at the end of isolation so wanted to salvage something . I also need full cancellation and not over £500 as I think it’s bonkers just for 3 nights when most check ins are between 3 and 5pm . . I’ll take a look now x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve tried pretty much everywhere within a 2-3 hrdrive , so York , harrowgate , Cotswolds , Liverpool , lakes , norfolk , the list is endless. It’s just bad luck that we’ve had to cancel ours and we will still have some leave at the end of isolation so wanted to salvage something . I also need full cancellation and not over £500 as I think it’s bonkers just for 3 nights when most check ins are between 3 and 5pm . . I’ll take a look now x
In that case Morecambe will be fine as a base to explore from! The seafront itself IS very nice as are the sands, and there are lovely views across the bay to the hills beyond.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I do hope you find something. I know it sounds like you need a break especially with the weather being so nice.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Would you consider Blackpool or Chester. We like Village Hotels and they always have deals on. There is a village hotel on the Wirral as well. You have to join their mailing list to get the best deals. Or even a good old Premier Inn ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
There is a Premier Inn in Lancaster right off the M6 which is also under an hour to the Lakes - ideal if you just want a base.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Whatever you do, if you drive over the causeway in morecambe bay, check the tide times, we almost got stranded half way across as the tide came in , the water was almost over the bonnet, I've never been so scared in all my life

Edited at 09:20 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

morecambe isnt a bad base for the S lakes. But the S lakes can get very busy. If you have NT membership, a nice day out is to park near the claife viewing station and take the ferry across to Bowness. The drive from Morcambe isnt too bad (90 mins at the most I would say, taking it easy).

Coniston is ram packed at the moment, as is Ambleside. Bowness has more places to walk in solitude, certainly you can find an empty picnic spot walking from the ferry to the centre.

Now sure this week but certainly the cruiseline isnt stopping at Wray Castle at the moment (another nice idea, park with NT at Wray and take the cruise across to ambleside).

If you fancy a circular drive then you can take the sights from grange up to coniston, round to ambleside and back down. Traffic will be heavy at the choke points (ambleside top and bowness) but isnt too bad. You might find laybys outside the centres that you can stop at.

I live in the north lakes near a village called threlkeld so I prefer the N lakes. Keswick will be chocca but again if you walk around the lake a little you will find solitude (dont expect any near the dock area!)

I havent been to Morecambe in about 10 years but as above, it is a peaceful beach walk with not much else. As a base it has decent links with the M6 close by, you are only 2 or 1 junction from the S lakes.

Edited at 12:05 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Spent many happy hours with my Grandma in Morecambe, we used to get the train from Lancaster. Happy memories. We went to Morecambe last year and had a nice wander around the front. Wouldn't particularly want to stay in Morecambe but do fancy staying at the Midland sometime. We usually stay at the Lancaster House Hotel in Lancaster, fairly near to where my uncle lives who we visit a few times a year. Have you looked around Kirby Lonsdale, Ingleton, lovely area and not far too drive to either the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District? also lots to see and do fairly locally.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Any airbnbs or anything available around Ulverston?
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
There is a premier inn and travelodge in barrow not far from ulverston
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List