Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Does Sky come out to realign your dish?

Hiya

As the title says really, do Sky come out to realign your dish if you are poor signal especially when it rains (doesn't need to be heavy), we lose several channels, not all but a few. Inevitably it always seems to be the ones I watch!

Its been a bit iffy for a long time and DH keeps saying we'll get someone out, several years later!... anyway its getting on my nerves now so would like to sort it out.

Do they come or do I have to find someone else? Not sure I want to try and tackle it ourselves.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If over 12 months they might charge you, if sky q slightly grey area as you rent the box but the dish is yours. If it is sky hd then it is all your property so they will probably charge you. You can always get a independent to have a look for you. One of the biggest problems we have is the quality of the dishes is rubbish and I have seen them rust to being unusable in 5 years.
Do not try to line it up yourself it is quite sensitive to movement, my meter cost £500 and that is cheap as some cost over £1000 we use them to get it right down to the mm

Edited at 08:28 AM.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dannybegood
Trainee Dibber

Had this, phone them up, complain that rain is ruining your channels. If you have over 12 months membership, threaten to quit. They will get someone out.
Refunded us when it happened as it’s prime channels you are losing.
dannybegood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Oh gosh sounds complicated. The dish has been up 14 years since we moved in and they came and did it. I don't won't to threaten to quit as knowing our luck, they will go okay and switch it off!

We aren't on sky q, we have an old box and don't really want to lose it tbh!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dannybegood View Post
Had this, phone them up, complain that rain is ruining your channels. If you have over 12 months membership, threaten to quit. They will get someone out.
Refunded us when it happened as it’s prime channels you are losing.
this ^^
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. It may prove to be cheaper to get a local Company to come out rather than Sky.

We have a Company where I live and they have been doing work across the City for 40+ years to my knowledge. Good prices and quick to do a job. Worth a shot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

If it’s 14 years you old then the lnb could be cracked or your coax damaged it is unlikely to have moved
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Tbh get a local satalite guy out.
Personally id have said the lmb was outta date, damaged or as said above the coax damaged by water ingress.
Old 29 Sep 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Oh gosh sounds complicated. The dish has been up 14 years since we moved in and they came and did it. I don't won't to threaten to quit as knowing our luck, they will go okay and switch it off!

We aren't on sky q, we have an old box and don't really want to lose it tbh!
It’s not complicated (some people just like to make a mountain out of a molehill )
Sky Q installation you’d get a new dish anyway but presumably you have lots of recordings you don’t want to lose so are sticking with your HD box til it dies of old age

Staying with HD you’ll be told £65 for an engineer , just ask if it can be reduced and it’ll go down to thirty ….. push harder(no need to get angry though )and (especially if you are out of contract) and it should get even better !
Focus on the fact you are getting no satellite signal on screen messages popping up rather than the dish is looking old.
Job done !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Tbh get a local satalite guy out.
Personally id have said the lmb was outta date, damaged or as said above the coax damaged by water ingress.
And PAY ?
Easy to say when it’s not your money I guess , but no
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List