Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

we are booked for this December both my over 12s should be getting the vaccine at school today. Hopefully USA will give the info soon.
Old 12 Oct 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We are booked for Christmas with a 15 year old and 13 year old.

DD13 had her jab a couple of weeks ago and DD15 has hers next week.

Waiting to find out if we’re actually going is frustrating with only two months to go and my positivity level fluctuates all the time.

Also booked for Easter which is our back-up if Christmas doesn’t happen because of the vaccine requirements. I’m really hoping it’s Christmas and not Easter though (we won’t do Disney if it’s Easter as too expensive to go to Disney twice in four months).

Also have August booked which I’m completely confident about. So we’ll (hopefully) either go Christmas and summer or Easter and summer.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well DD has considered the vaccine and doesn’t want it. Need an update now to know where we’re booking for next year
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
Well DD has considered the vaccine and doesn’t want it. Need an update now to know where we’re booking for next year
Thats a tricky one. If our DD declined she'd be staying at home with her nan 🤣
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Thats a tricky one. If our DD declined she'd be staying at home with her nan 🤣
I tried the ‘you won’t be going to Florida then’ and she just said we can go to DLP and Cornwall instead.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

I've two DD's 12 & 14 and one DS 6. Whether we get to Disney this December all depends on entry requirements for their age groups. The girls have still to get their first jab, albeit the consent forms were returned a week or two back. If they insist on 2 doses then we're out.
They best get a wriggle on as the carpet is wearing thin from all my pacing.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're booked for December (after 3 moves), Son 13 has had his vaccine, Daughter 12 was missed, which we're fuming about. Both consent forms went into the school together (they goto the same secondary school). Apparently tons missed it but there's no plans for catch up sessions. School Nurses sympathised but said nothing they could do, local authority vaccine team were just straight up rude, GP isn't interested.

If thats the straw that breaks the camels back in December, heads will roll.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

No no darling daughter, we are going to Florida, you are going to your nans 😂
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
We're booked for December (after 3 moves), Son 13 has had his vaccine, Daughter 12 was missed, which we're fuming about. Both consent forms went into the school together (they goto the same secondary school). Apparently tons missed it but there's no plans for catch up sessions. School Nurses sympathised but said nothing they could do, local authority vaccine team were just straight up rude, GP isn't interested.

If thats the straw that breaks the camels back in December, heads will roll.
My DD’s school missed a lot too as there wasn’t enough time to get through everyone and we were told straight away that they would be coming back to do those they had missed, but they still don’t have a date from the trust (Essex partnership).

Surely this needs to be consistent nationally so if one trust are saying they’re coming back, all of them should be, or they turn it over to vaccination centres or GPs. It shouldn’t be a postcode lottery whether your child is vaccinated at school as we were told they would be.

And that’s before we even get into how children who were missed because they had covid or were isolating or otherwise sick are going to be vaccinated.

DD’s school started with year 7 and worked up (she’s year 9 and luckily got jabbed on the day) but my other DD’s school (slightly smaller) are having two days of vaccinations; one for year 8 and 9 (and I assume aged 12+ in year 7) and one for year 10 and 11. She’s year 11 so I’m glad the second day was booked in. This is a different trust, Buckinghamshire, so I guess they are doing things a different way.

Hope this gets sorted so your DD can get her vaccination.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Is a single jab enough for the over 12s
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List