Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Tell me about DLP!

I very rarely venture into this part of the forum so a bit of a first for me!

For the last few months i've been thinking about maybe booking DLP for early next year. Never been so its all very new. I never thought i'd hear myself saying i'm not planning a trip to Orlando but our last trip in 2018 I really struggled with the excessive costs of it compared to previously and that has just got worse over the last few years. But, I do feel l need to have a bit of a break from reality and have some disney magic.

I did have a look at the onsite hotels and saw how much more expensive they are compared to offsite (no shocker there haha). I think I would like onsite especially as unlike WDW it will be a short trip not 14 nights.

So, yes, please help! when is the better times to go? When is it cheapest (if there is such a thing), where best to book. Is there ever any bargains?

I was thinking 3 or 4 nights, not sure which is best. How crazy priced is the food in the parks?

Thank you! x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

The one big difference when pricing Disneyland Paris for first timers who are used to going to WDW is that in Disneyland Paris, the onsite hotel quotes on the website are for packages. Hotel and park ticket packages are the standard on the Disneyland Paris website and if you book through a high street travel agent. The package includes park hopper tickets for your arrival day, your departure day and all the days in between.

All of the onsite hotels are walkable to the parks, the furthest is Santa Fe which is approx 20 minutes walk.

The other tip is that you can book through any country website. You don't have to just book through the website that defaults in the country you live in.

This is due to EU Law.

There can be different deals for different countries, for example on the UK and Irish websites they might have book 5 days for the price of 4 or on the French website they might have 30% discount on the total price.

You just have to research and find the deal which best suits your needs.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’re going in January & we’ve got a bargain! Flights from Belfast with easyJet & 3 nights in Santa Fe hotel (Disney’s value hotel) includes 4 days park hopper tickets for the 2 parks & we’ve paid £657 for 2 adults & one 13 year old.
January to March are cheap months, November & early December are cheap too. We’ve been about 20 times & we’ve been for every season & stayed in every hotel! Sequoia Lodge is my fave hotel it’s a moderate hotel, but you can’t go wrong with any of them!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The 30th anniversary celebration starts on 6 March so it would perhaps be good to go sometime in March. Avoid weekends if you can as it’s very much a locals’ park, much busier at the weekend.

Santa Fe is usually cheapest but for me Cheyenne is worth a slight extra cost. They are 15 minutes’ walk from the parks.

If your budget can stretch further, we often stay at Sequoia Lodge, although next time we will be at the new Art of Marvel hotel which looks amazing.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The 30th anniversary celebration starts on 6 March so it would perhaps be good to go sometime in March. Avoid weekends if you can as it’s very much a locals’ park, much busier at the weekend.

Santa Fe is usually cheapest but for me Cheyenne is worth a slight extra cost. They are 15 minutes’ walk from the parks.

If your budget can stretch further, we often stay at Sequoia Lodge, although next time we will be at the new Art of Marvel hotel which looks amazing.
We used to always stay at hotel New York, haven’t in years though, but I’m so looking forward to trying the Art of marvel for our August/September trip.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone. Lots of useful info.

The Art of Marvel does look amazing but I think it is likely to be Sequoia Lodge. I'm interested in what offers may be on the other countries sites so will have to investigate that.

I was thinking March as I don't want it too cold! No idea what the temperatures will be like tbh so will have to look at that too.

Wow and yes you did get a bargain Lou Lou! Sounds great.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Keep looking, we got Newport Bay for 3 nights / 4days for 2 adults for £587 (Obviously includes park tickets, but not flights!).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I was thinking March as I don't want it too cold! No idea what the temperatures will be like tbh so will have to look at that too.

x
the last time I went to Disneyland Paris was February 2016. It was the week after the UK and Irish half term and the parks were low crowds. Even the CM's mentioned it to me, that I was lucky that I chose that week, as the week before was very crowded.

The temperature at the end of February was cold but it is a dry cold, not the wet cold we have in UK and Ireland. I have some beautiful photos of The Castle in the early morning winter sunshine. When I was there the early entry for hotel guests was available and I was in the parks around 8.15 each morning. There was frost every where but very managable.

There was a lot of construction and refurbs when I was there but honestly I still had an amazing time.

The parks closed around 8pm.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I just had a quick look on Magic Breaks (dunno if they are good or bad). I searched for last week of March and 4 nights at SL inc flights from Manchester was coming it around 1k for 2 adults.

Old 19 Oct 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I booked last July for Feb half term. Got Sequoia lodge 2a2c 4nights inc tickets £930.
Same dates are now £3k!

Then we have flights with Air France for £349.

Try out go outside of holidays and weekends if you can.
There are rumours that the avengers campus will open 25th March so would expect it to be from then on.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List