Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love the Dolce Gusto mini! Its oerfect and so easy, I buy Aldi pods and they are delicious and great value.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have a Nespresso virtuo as I like black coffee and like a variety. Currently love their pumpkin spice and their gingerbread ones. Zero fat and calories too ! Have a been to cup but its in a cupboard and never used as I prefer Nespresso taste (and quite frankly ease of use for this lazy bear)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Nespresso actually has two main lines of coffee pods. One is the original line with smaller capsules that are best for making espresso based drinks. The other is the Vertuo line with larger capsules that apparently work better for making other types of coffee drinks, but I'm not familiar with this line..

Just to echo above , with the Vertuo machine you can only buy Nespresso pods direct . Whereas with the other Nespresso machines there are many choices available including a range of Starbucks pods which are actually licenced by Nespresso and sold in supermarkets. Saw a lot of Italian ones in TK Maxx yesterday and have bulk bought off Amazon too . I have a Krups Nespresso , love it !
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Just adding about the vertuo pods. They have all sizes, they cover espresso, double and various larger sizes like mug and bigger. They have a lot more of the smaller ones now than they did when I first got it, so it allows everyone to use it. regardless of what type they want. DH uses the mug ones and adds a splash of milk, i use the espressos and heat up a cup of milk and add the pod direct on top from the machine. They are great.. really nice.

I actually ordered 100 pods this morning as they have an offer atm where you pay for 80. They will last us ages as I don't have coffee everyday and DH has the tassimo ones too which are much cheaper.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

I love our Krups Dolce Gusto Genio S Plus. Very easy to use.
My favourite pods are Flat White. ☕️
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Currys are doing a fantastic bundle of a Dolce Gusto, plus boxes of pods £49 this is a perfect starter machine!

currys/gbuk/househ...03562-pdt.html

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

For those who say their Tassimo coffee wasn’t hit enough, I have a Tassimo MyWay and you can set the temperature to three levels. The hottest is perfect.
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another vote for Nespresso Vertuo. We bought it to replace the tassimo as I found the coffee a bit bitter and the pods with milk always seemed too sweet. We have the milk frother too and combined with instant Cadbury hot choc powder it makes a lovely hot choc. DH likes his coffee at scalding temperatures and he could never get the Tassimo ones hot enough

Their iced coffee range is lovely and we bought some gingerbread, coconut and vanilla syrups for mixing it up a bit when we want.

Their customer service over the last 18 months has been outstanding. We are also pleased we can book a recycling collection when we have deliveries as well.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I love the Dolce Gusto mini! Its oerfect and so easy, I buy Aldi pods and they are delicious and great value.
Snap!.I bought one for dh as am xmas present last year and even our son who is an ice king usually uses it sometimes. The aldi pods are great. I add a bit of boiling water to my cups as I like stuff very hot. Does the job quick and easy and doesnt take up a lot of space.
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Thanks everyone x