Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Anyone have a static in the yorkshire /East Yorkshire area looking for recommendations!

We live in the yorkshire area and are looking for a static caravan holiday park to buy on .
Just wondering if anyone owns in the yorkshire or east coast area .
There s so many! Looking for a no age limit or long age limit park.
Don’t actually mind too much about facilities as I don’t think we would use them too much so that’s not a necessity
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

My DH used to work at cayton bay holiday park, it's big with a pretty good restaurant, nice pool good play area for the kids , the entertainment is pretty good. ,the local beach is lovely, and dog friendly. About 3 miles to Scarborough and Filey. Theres lots of caravan parks in that area

Edited at 06:22 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

My FIL has two on Upper Carr holiday park in Pickering. We're there at the moment. It's a great central base for exploring the coast and North York Moors. The park is small and friendly and there are two lovely pubs/restaurants within a 2 minute walk and Pickering town centre is a 5 minute drive.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

When we walked from Whitby along the Cleveland Way we went through Saltwick caravan park and it looks lovely with amazing views.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry don’t have a caravan. But would recommend Flower of May near Filey. Not been for many years. But was always nice clean and tidy.
2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
Sorry don’t have a caravan. But would recommend Flower of May near Filey. Not been for many years. But was always nice clean and tidy.
They also own the one I mentioned and yes it's a lovely well maintained park.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
I used to go there with my parents but the last tone DH and I went (a few years ago now) there was toilet roll in the bushes where people had clearly been to the loo.

It had got too big from the nice small family park I had remembered
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

If you are not to bothered about being right by the coast have look at Fox hill at Claxton, near York, about 45 mins to the coast. Nice quiet park with loads of space.Lovely new caravans.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
They also own the one I mentioned and yes it's a lovely well maintained park.
Thanks I’ve been looking at the flower of may parks sent an enquiry off x
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
My FIL has two on Upper Carr holiday park in Pickering. We're there at the moment. It's a great central base for exploring the coast and North York Moors. The park is small and friendly and there are two lovely pubs/restaurants within a 2 minute walk and Pickering town centre is a 5 minute drive.
I’m wondering if somewhere like this is a better option base.
Also nearer to home as a easy getaway but near to other points of interest.thanks