Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
UPDATED New Built-in Wardrobes from Sharps- with Pictures Updated 8th August

After almost three years in our house, we have finally taken the plunge to update our wardrobes (the existing ones were in the house when we bought it). Whilst they were in good condition, they weren’t practical or to our personal taste.

So this morning we had the wardrobes removed, we spent all day yesterday putting all our clothes into suitcases (it almost felt like we were getting ready to go on holidays!) and stashing all our shoes around the house. We are also having built-ins put into our spare bedroom at the same time too!

They had it all removed and the room was vacuumed and the carpet rolled back (in readiness for the new wardrobes being delivered) in an hour which I thought was impressive.

DH then sanded, primed and painted the wall (after patching the holes in the wall). This took most of the day as he needed to let everything dry in between.

We have chosen the Hampton Range in White with gold hardware from Sharpes and it is being delivered tomorrow morning. Unfortunately they will not be installing until next week (we only found this out a couple of days ago and I wasn’t very pleased as we will be living in a building site for a week). It will be a 10 door (5 wardrobe set up), I have seen the engineers rendering of our layout, hopefully I have chosen well!

The spare room had free standing wardrobe which we have now given away. It will have a 4 door (4 wardrobe layout) and will be great to put our summer things in.

It has been a very successful day and I am hoping things go smoothly tomorrow.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Going to be a nice run of wardrobes. Will be nice when all done and the disruption well worth it.

Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Love those wardrobes! Think they’ll look good in my house! 😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
They are lovely! Worth all the hassle ☺️
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Going to be a nice run of wardrobes. Will be nice when all done and the disruption well worth it.

Best of luck.
Thank you Mr TM, I am hopeful that it will all go smoothly and it will be far more practical/functional for us once it is in.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Love those wardrobes! Think they’ll look good in my house! 😊
Thank you Rac, I just kept coming back to them and even DH likes them! Hopefully they won’t date quickly.
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
They are lovely! Worth all the hassle ☺️
Thank you Leia, I know once it is all over it will be lovely to have somewhere nice to put everything away.
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I remember from my time in Melbourne how handy the BIR’s were.
They look absolutely stunning, you’ll survive the building site I promise.
The rooms in our house aren’t really big enough, but I’m hoping we’ll go up into the loft at some point, and I think I’ll defo consider it then to make best use of the alcoves.
Keep us posted
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Oh lovely! We have a 10 door wardrobe and couldn’t imagine having anything smaller now.
My stuff takes up 3 quarters and dh squeezes his stuff in down the end 😂
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I remember from my time in Melbourne how handy the BIR’s were.
They look absolutely stunning, you’ll survive the building site I promise.
The rooms in our house aren’t really big enough, but I’m hoping we’ll go up into the loft at some point, and I think I’ll defo consider it then to make best use of the alcoves.
Keep us posted
Thanks Mitch, I know it seems silly worrying about the mess but we are not expert renovators like you, to be honest DH made the most mess when he sanded the walls today

I love loft renovations, it’s incredible how big they are once done. Our bedrooms are a good size but our kitchen seems smaller in comparison, I think the architect didn’t care much for cooking! Michelle xx