Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jul 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Plantar Fasciitis

Hi,
I am seeing a private consultant on Monday as my feet ache so much at the moment. A year ago, I had a phone consultation…. with my GP who prescribed some anti-inflammatory drugs but did not seem to work.
I was wondering if anyone else has this condition and how/if it has been managed.
It seems to have flared up at the moment and my legs also ache when I go to bed. I am really looking forward to seeing a Doctor face-to-face on Monday.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Fill a plastic bottle with water(3/4 full). Freeze & then roll it from heel to toe with as much foot pressure as you are comfortable with do this for 5 mins every couple of hours.
Get fitted for shoe insoles.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Hi,
I am seeing a private consultant on Monday as my feet ache so much at the moment. A year ago, I had a phone consultation…. with my GP who prescribed some anti-inflammatory drugs but did not seem to work.
I was wondering if anyone else has this condition and how/if it has been managed.
It seems to have flared up at the moment and my legs also ache when I go to bed. I am really looking forward to seeing a Doctor face-to-face on Monday.
Hi I have been bothered with it for almost a year now , it really is painful and just like you painful legs too , my problem is also that I am overweight, I had done really well before lockdowns started but piled a bit back on and it’s definitely not helped and I think I’m walking badly trying to compensate for the foot pain and now getting bad back and hip pain , I’m not keen on going to doctors for anything so have tried things like insoles , foot rollers , night brace and foot massager , they help a little but I don’t know about you but when I’m off my feet and get up again it’s definitely worse , good luck with your appointment and I would be really interested in how you get on xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Morty
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, yes I had this a few years ago. There were a few things which seemed to help. Compression socks worn at night designed specifically for the condition, a fairly cheap foot massager with heat function and never walking around in bare feet even in the house. Hopefully the doctor will be able to recommend something specific for you.
Morty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

This massager was amazing when my husband had it,in a couple of days of using it,he was painfree.I suffered with it years ago too,very painful condition.
Highly recommend this homedics machine.

Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Other half had this (they are a physio so know what they are doing), they disregarded all drugs and instead looked at footwear.

They bought shoes from a company called Vivo barefoot, very expensive, but 6 weeks on they get little if any pain where as previously they couldn't do anything without feet aching
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My daughter suffers with this in both feet .

She’s now had the maximum amount of steroid injections the drs are prepared to do . Nothing else seems to work either , we’ve tried different footwear , inner soles , exercises etc

She will at some point have to have surgery .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

When I had Plantar Fasciitis it took nearly 2 years to go , I did all sort of different foot exercises but the only thing that helped was wearing FITFLOPS , I even put a pair on when I swing my legs out of bed , I have them in sandals , shoes and boots won’t wear anything else.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Fitflops are my saviour. I did some damage years back walking around WDW in sandals that were too flat, the pain was awful and ruined the holiday. My feet are still not right now and I have to be very careful what I wear. I even have fitflop white trainers and fits flop boots for winter!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
My GP told me I had plantar fasciitis but was later diagnosed as Lederhose disease, I have a number of extremely painful lumps under the arch of both feet, their is no cure, I have had enzyme injection in one foot but it made it worse not better, I also swear by fitflops which arn't the most glamorous shoes and my high heels days are well and truely over. This condition has completely changed my life and it sucks!
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List