Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Personally I have found I get a really good deal if I book on release. Very rarely do I end up disappointed.

Some times people say they can get cheaper and when you look into it more they are flying via Iraq with a seat on the wing or something
Hmm... I hate to agree with you (it seems we have had a few disagreements ) but I do.

Providing you know your dates early and are happy to make the commitment then release day booking has always worked for me.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The time is drawing near for our return date to be available and I’m thinking of trying to book on release day at 1am. I’ve been stalking BAs website for weeks now and so far the prices have been pretty static throughout September. Are people still finding prices increase after the initial release?
We can be flexible on our dates and fly on Sunday or Monday but would prefer to return on the Sunday to avoid using an extra day of annual leave. Based on prices throughout September this seems to make around £100-£150 difference so I’m wondering if this will be the same on release morning?
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
The time is drawing near for our return date to be available and I’m thinking of trying to book on release day at 1am. I’ve been stalking BAs website for weeks now and so far the prices have been pretty static throughout September. Are people still finding prices increase after the initial release?
We can be flexible on our dates and fly on Sunday or Monday but would prefer to return on the Sunday to avoid using an extra day of annual leave. Based on prices throughout September this seems to make around £100-£150 difference so I’m wondering if this will be the same on release morning?
My return date is tomorrow and alarm is set for 1am. It certainly seems cheaper on return day from what i have been looking, the return leg is cheaper, our day going out is about £300ish. Depends how many people you are booking for, possibly only £50-£150 cheaper on the return flight pp, I'll report back tomorrow. I also only plan to do the "hold" for £10pp that way I'm not half asleep and enter wrong details.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
My return date is tomorrow and alarm is set for 1am. It certainly seems cheaper on return day from what i have been looking, the return leg is cheaper, our day going out is about £300ish. Depends how many people you are booking for, possibly only £50-£150 cheaper on the return flight, I'll report back tomorrow. I also only plan to do the "hold" for £10pp that way I'm not half asleep and enter wrong details.
The return will always be cheaper because whilst £82 is payable on Coach Class as APD (£160 on classes higher), this is not the case on flights leaving other countries such as the USA to come home.

This tax is also why many fly out in economy (£82) and return in Prem economy (no APD payable whichever class you are in).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:07 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The return will always be cheaper because whilst £82 is payable on Coach Class as APD (£160 on classes higher), this is not the case on flights leaving other countries such as the USA to come home.

This tax is also why many fly out in economy (£82) and return in Prem economy (no APD payable whichever class you are in).
Understood, but comparing the return flight release today, to the same day last week, tends to be around £100ish more last week. Since the outbound flight has already been for sale for a few weeks, that is unlikley to make a difference with booking at 1am, so any discount will be on the return it seems. My outbound flight hasn't changed in price for the last week or two when i've checked.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

My return date is tomorrow and alarm is set for 1am. It certainly seems cheaper on return day from what i have been looking, the return leg is cheaper, our day going out is about £300ish. Depends how many people you are booking for, possibly only £50-£150 cheaper on the return flight pp, I'll report back tomorrow. I also only plan to do the "hold" for £10pp that way I'm not half asleep and enter wrong details.
Good luck! Look forward to hearing how it goes.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Booked on release 1am Sunday morning and paid £588:97 pp just checked just now and gone up slightly but not loads to £604:97 that’s LHR to MCO economy but fir 5 of us every little helps etc

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Booked the hold last night at 1am for 7 adults.
Cost was just £622.97, checking now £630.97. So not a very big saving.

It is actually the outbound flight price that has gone up, which I’d guess is more due to me booking 7 seats than anything else.
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Booked the hold last night at 1am for 7 adults.
Cost was just £622.97, checking now £630.97. So not a very big saving.

It is actually the outbound flight price that has gone up, which I’d guess is more due to me booking 7 seats than anything else.
We took the plunge early this morning too. Decided we didn’t want to fly home on the Monday so it was going to be Saturday or Sunday. Surprisingly there was no difference in price between Sat/Sun. The outbound fare was the same as it’s it’s been for weeks and the inbound was no lower than I’d been expecting. Maybe there just isn’t as much fluctuation outside the prime school holiday period? Anyway we’ve booked. It was a bit over the budget we’d set but I wasn’t willing to gamble on prices going down in a sale at Christmas/New Year as I’ve done in the past as I think things are just too unpredictable right now.
Glad we’ve got it booked and now know our return date so I can plan other bits around it 🙂
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
We took the plunge early this morning too. Decided we didn’t want to fly home on the Monday so it was going to be Saturday or Sunday. Surprisingly there was no difference in price between Sat/Sun. The outbound fare was the same as it’s it’s been for weeks and the inbound was no lower than I’d been expecting. Maybe there just isn’t as much fluctuation outside the prime school holiday period? Anyway we’ve booked. It was a bit over the budget we’d set but I wasn’t willing to gamble on prices going down in a sale at Christmas/New Year as I’ve done in the past as I think things are just too unpredictable right now.
Glad we’ve got it booked and now know our return date so I can plan other bits around it 🙂
I noticed that as well, although the Saturday is now more expensive than the Sunday, but wasn't last night. What day did you end up booking? We are on the Sunday, so we will be on the same flight if that is the case